Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make it faster, never gonna be satisfied..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice..

Comment

so dope
      Are you looking into pushing out some more horsepower?
      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Thanks guys
        Originally posted by Henchman View Post
        so dope
        Are you looking into pushing out some more horsepower?
        After I rebuild the transmission which won't be for a few months (lack of spare cash all of a sudden) I would like to see what this car will do when it really launches with this engine. My guess is I will be stuck somewhere in the low 11s.

At that point yes, I will end up building some more power. The rear end is built to handle about 150-200 more horse than I currently have. The "weak" point is the eaton worm differential and it's not really known how much power it can reliably take with track time. Eaton believes it is safe to run with about 700 horespower. The rest of the parts can handle much more... That being said when I rebuild the engine I will probably shoot for the 650-700 horse range.

Comment

That is one hell of an axle.

Are you keeping the same motor or do you plan on swapping to something else?
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

X2 on what HUD said.
            Same motor? New parts N/A or F/I? Or all new motor?

Shits sick, can't wait to see what it'll do in the 1/4
            Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Not sure how to answer that exactly, it will be a naturally aspirated big block. I might change my pistons out for something with more of a dome to get the compression up around 10.5 and do another cam change to something more racey. My heads can support what my goal is for power. This will make for a pretty radical 454. Or I could build a 540 out of an aftermarket block and put my heads, cam, intake, etc. on it and have a more streetable engine like i have now. This wont take place until the transmission has been replaced/rebuilt.

Comment

Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Whatcha looking at cam-wise? My dad's always used Iskendarian stuff, no complaints, but nowadays there's so much on the market.
                  MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                    Whatcha looking at cam-wise? My dad's always used Iskendarian stuff, no complaints, but nowadays there's so much on the market.
                    Isky made the last cam I ran and the cam I am running currently. The current one is a hydraulic roller and specs at, .578/.608 lift, Adv Dur 284/294, Dur@.050 238/248, 110 Lobe Separation.

Comment

Any real reason to change it or are you happy with how the Isky does in your current block?
                      MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Im happy with it, works well. But if im going to make more power I am either going to need more cam on that motor or more motor under that cam hahaha.

Comment

I like the idea of putting your top end on an aftermarket block and making a 540... my 2 cents.
                          MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                            I like the idea of putting your top end on an aftermarket block and making a 540... my 2 cents.
                            complete agree...regardless though, great job with this car so far!
                            1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

Just saying 540 is badass
                              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

any thought about a 496 kit?..

Comment

Working...
                                X