Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make it faster, never gonna be satisfied..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great build and sick car! Truely american muscle at its finest! I love the car! How's the 6 speed? That a viper trans right?

Are those iroc wheels?
    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
      Great build and sick car! Truely american muscle at its finest! I love the car! How's the 6 speed? That a viper trans right?

Are those iroc wheels?
      Thanks kyle, that transmission originally came in the vipers. This one however is out of a newer camaro. I love the 6 speed I'm just concerned about how it will hold up to a heavy car with drag slicks.

And not iroc wheels they were offered on S10's actually in 2001 with a ZQ8 package.

Comment

The right exhaust pieces came in finally and I ended up picking up a set of 3" magnaflow mufflers. Now I just have to re-attach my 2.5" tail pipes. I may also make a set of extensions I can bolt onto the header dumps to get the pipes to extend out from under the body to cut down on interior drone at the track. Drive shaft hoop is in. Trying to get ready to go up sunday to the dragstrip but it looks like it may rain.

Comment

Did you buy a hoop or make one? If you made one do you have pics? We have to make one for my buddys Camaro. Once we get that on the road we should meet up on the strip
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
            Did you buy a hoop or make one? If you made one do you have pics? We have to make one for my buddys Camaro. Once we get that on the road we should meet up on the strip
            I bought one, they are not gonna want to hear that you made a home made one. They are very cheap (start around $25 for a universal one) and in my opinion not even worth making. This one was more expensive because it's made specifically for a chevelle.

I made it to the track today and ran a dozen runs or so. I was blown away at the speed this car went. The numbers don't even really make sense if you compare it to the engine dyno it was on. The only things I've changed since then was I'm running colder water temperature and an x-pipe which should barely even be noticeable at all. I ran a best today at 12.12 at 118.66. The trap speed is about 6 more miles an hour than I anticipated which is huge. If you notice my 2.1 second 60' is embarrassing at best but I was really pussy footing the take off becaues I drove the car there and was planning on driving it back Also was having fuel issues, the needle/seat on the secondaries are sticking. The bowl was dry at half track and still dry when I parked it afterwards. It definitely had 11s in it today but I cut the day short because of the fuel issue. Now I need to start upgrading driveline components so I can leave the line with the tire(s) off the ground

Pics cause it happened.

Stay tuned folks, theres a lot of room for improvement on that timeslip according to the speed.

Comment

Good run corey. What did nick run?
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

That other car on the slip was him. His best was a 12.49 at 109.1

Comment

correction just found a run that I did 12.068 at 118.73 so that was my best for the day
                  Last edited by DrThunder; 04-16-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

So whats up with these STRANGE rummors im hearing?

Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                    some people choose video games
                    some choose projects
                    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Nice RT.

I could never get mine under 0.5 when I took the bike to the strip. Too worried about 12-ing it
                      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Looks like I'll being doing a one ton swap with this thing.

Seriously! I crunched some numbers to see what it would cost to build my 12 bolt to handle the launches it will see with a manual trans and it's not very cost effective. On top of that I would have to cut up an original SS rear end that is worth some decent coin.

Strange engineering makes a brand new Dana 60 that will bolt into my car with 35 spline axles, 1350 hardened yoke, fully welded tubes, and I will order it with Detroit true track diff making it good for around a thousand horsepower.
                        In the end it will cost me about $200 more to have a new rear end with warranty compared to building mine. And this gives me room to grow power wise.

I threw an ad up on Craigslist and the next day I had a guy throw down a deposit for my axle for $1000. I haven't ordered the 60 yet as I am waiting for the rest of the cash for my 12 bolt. Hopefully place the order this weekend

Pretty psyched to see a Dana axle under this thing!
                        Last edited by DrThunder; 04-26-2012, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Nice RT.

I could never get mine under 0.5 when I took the bike to the strip. Too worried about 12-ing it
                          That was a slow one! I was doing .120-.150 once I started getting the hang of it. Trick was to start leaving on the third light rather than waiting for green

Comment

Nice RT.

Dogbones and straps(frontend) you'd be just fine on a decent launch

Comment

The axle came in finally, just primed it and am waiting to put the top coat on. Very nice piece, wish I could build a coffee table around it and keep it in the living room!

Here's a condensed build sheet on it,
                              - Strange S60 housing, 60.5" WMS
                              - 4.10 strange gears
                              - 35 spline strange alloy axles
                              - Eaton/Detroit truetrac worm-gear diff
                              - 1350 chromoly yoke
                              Attached Files

Comment

-Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X