• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That right there is a nice Tacoma.

Can't wait to see it on the trails!!
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I saw this thing for sale before dana bought it and I knew it had serious potential. You guys definitely did it justice. Nice fuckin work
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

Looking good. I like it a lot. Whens the shakedown run?
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
          Looking good. I like it a lot. Whens the shakedown run?
          Never. No one in this club wheels anymore.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            Never. No one in this club wheels anymore.
            lies

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
              lies
              x2
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

nasty!

better then anything i could have done with it
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

well, it left my garage last night and drove amazing down the road. thing feels solid.
                  limited body roll but the suspension soaks up the bumps pretty well. 4.88s with the v6 feel awsome. plenty of power.

one problem though.... and after looking into it im kinda afraid.

the rear lock right seams to be popping like a son of a bitch.
                  hard on the throttle : no issue, just puts the power down.
                  not on the throttle: unlocks and seams like a normal locker.
                  lightly on the throttle, just a constant movement: it will periodically click realllllllly loud!
                  as if the teeth on the locker are slipping.

from what im reading a slightly bent housing will cause this. anyone have experience with this issue?
                  makes sense. visibly i cant tell and it never crossed my mind while building it, but i noticed while following behind it the passangers rear tire had a 1/2 in. patch on the outside of the tire as if it was not contacting the pavement.
                  probably why the previous owner left the housing with the truck but took his third member.
                  just sux that we will need to find a new housing and redo all the brackets.

if anyone has a lead on a t100/tacoma housing, let me know.

might throw the spiders back in for now so nothing gets fucked up.
                  Last edited by justtorchit; 03-27-2012, 11:14 AM.
                  Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                  some people choose video games
                  some choose projects
                  some choose welding random things together

Comment

I might know someone with a housing. I will get a hold of him today and let you know
                    Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                      I might know someone with a housing. I will get a hold of him today and let you know
                      That would be great!
                      some choose projects

Comment

My lock right was harsh when I first installed it but it didn`t seem like it was slipping ever. I know you`re experienced with lockers and all but when I first installed mine, Dave Smiley took it for a ride and said he never had a locker react like it. After about 50 miles it started to clear up and now its fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          My lock right was harsh when I first installed it but it didn`t seem like it was slipping ever. I know you`re experienced with lockers and all but when I first installed mine, Dave Smiley took it for a ride and said he never had a locker react like it. After about 50 miles it started to clear up and now its fine.

Well ive done a few lockers but never had one click this much. I guess it dosent really slip, but im imagining that the locker is skipping 1 tooth everytime it clicks like that? Idk. Ill let it go for a little bit but i want to inspect it atleast...

Did urs click randomly going strait?
                          some choose projects

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
                            Well ive done a few lockers but never had one click this much. I guess it dosent really slip, but im imagining that the locker is skipping 1 tooth everytime it clicks like that? Idk. Ill let it go for a little bit but i want to inspect it atleast...

Did urs click randomly going strait?
                            No, never. I barely heard it click around corners but when it was new and I would turn, it would feel like the rear would bind up until the locker opened whick was violent for the first 50 miles

Comment

Working...
                            X