• Time
  • Show
Clear All

THAT IS MY DREAM TRUCK!
    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Jon, did you ever get rubber floor mats? I have Cabela's molded plastic ones in mine, the previous owner installed them, they are kickass. Great looking truck by the way.
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
        Jon, did you ever get rubber floor mats? I have Cabela's molded plastic ones in mine, the previous owner installed them, they are kickass. Great looking truck by the way.
        Yeah I got the ones from weathertec. I didn't even think about looking in cabelas! Thanks Owen!
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Did a little audio work on the truck this weekend. I put in a new head unit with bluetooth and rewired the whole system. The previous owner put in a system with all top shelf equipment but looks like he wired it all blind-folded with his toes. Anyway, the head unit was replaced, all the RCA's were changed out with better quality ones, and the batt-cap was wired correctly with fuses in-line. The right rear door speaker was shorted out so I replaced bother rears with Memphis Audio M-class with angled tweeters to avoid the sound waves from bouncing off either other. What the angle also does is put the listening position more toward the center of the car instead of focusing the sound toward only one side of the car.

After the whole thing was tuned, it resulted in a much crisper and cleaner sound with zero distortion. The subs are finally tuned properly at a low frequency so that they hit hard and don't continue to vibrate.

The bluetooth from the Pioneer head unit will start and stop Pandora on my phone as long as the program is open. Its a pretty cool feature. All in all it really cleaned up the installation, safety of the system, and the sound is just unreal. If anyone needs help with audio tuning or anything of that sort, let me know. The work from this weekend and prior research really helped me understand the rest of what I didn't know about audio tuning. Putting up pics tomorrow.

Comment

Memphis audio is pretty good stuff, thats what my XJ has, Lifetime warrenty is what I like best!

Comment

Good for all that gangster rap you listen to.
              Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlleen View Post
                Good for all that gangster rap you listen to.
                I bet this shit would bump in that truck :headbob:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcYY6xwwfCE[/ame]
                2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                • 5.13's
                • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

damn and i thought it sounded good on new years.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                    damn and i thought it sounded good on new years.
                    It puts that to shame

Comment

Replaced the brake pads with EBC Green stuff pads. After breaking them in (driving like a bitch) they actually did impress me. The truck stops a lot better and the peddle feels lot firmer. The brakes are very responsive. The EBC pads were worth it IMHO

Comment

Over the past week the truck decided to eat the factory trac bar joint. Instead of going through the headache of replacing the joint with another factory unit, I upgraded to an adjustable chromo unit from Carli. It has a heim end on the axle side with misalignment spacers and a grease-able rubber joint on the frame end. After it was installed I got an alignment on the truck. The new bar really tightened up the front end and from the pics of the old joint, you can see why.

Old Joint:

New bar installed

About two weeks back I fried the amp that came with the truck and got that replaced with a JBL amp which is smaller but more powerful. Now, instead of 100w to the subs they're getting 300w and the speakers are getting 75w instead of 50w (all RMS values). It is still clear as ever but a whole new level of loud
                        Last edited by ninetysix-ex-jay; 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Just rebuilt the whole front end. My ball joints and u joints were starting to go but after the hubs came off they weren't useable anymore. I upgraded to MOOG ball joints but left everything else factory.

Next is tires. I could go with stock sized 33's or 35's which it has now. Either way, they have to be E rated. I'm thinking about Toyo open country AT or MT right now. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                            Just rebuilt the whole front end. My ball joints and u joints were starting to go but after the hubs came off they weren't useable anymore. I upgraded to MOOG ball joints but left everything else factory.

Next is tires. I could go with stock sized 33's or 35's which it has now. Either way, they have to be E rated. I'm thinking about Toyo open country AT or MT right now. Any thoughts?
                            Toyos are the shit. hands down. I sell them all day on pickups. If you want a mud tire on a full size pickup that requires an E load range, dont look at anything else but the toyo MT. If you want something less aggressive, the new Toyo AT2 is more badass looking than the earlier AT and is supposed to last longer. I just sold a set of 285 75 16 Toyo AT2 to a friend of mine for his plow truck and they are sick looking. The only thing that sucks is that the MT is pricey but well worth the extra monies. Let me know what size you need Ill get them to you at cost I usually stock them in the warehouse.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Sweet Andrew! Just noticed this!! Could you price out a set of 315/70/17's for me please?? Load range E

Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                              X