The Bunbonic Plaque Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bunbonic Plaque Build

Well, it comes a time in everyones life where you know its time to get a reliable DD. So a few months back I started looking at Ram diesels and Grand Cherokee Limiteds and all that good stuff. I happened to stumble upon this little gem while meeting my sister for lunch. It was on the lot for under 1 day before I test drove it, fell in love, and signed it over.

So the DD came in the form of a 2005 Dodge Power Wagon. The previous owner babied this truck, the factory winch was never even unspooled. He kept it garaged and never used it as a pickup. Perfect if you ask me!

So whats the difference between a Power Wagon and regular Ram 2500?

It starts with a 2" factory lift, a WARN 12,000lb winch w/mounting brace between frame-rails, electronic disconnecting swaybar, electronic lockers front & rear, tow pkg, full skidplates, forged one piece Alcoa rims w/internal beadlock lips,larger diameter(one ton) axleshaft in rear,160 amp alternator, 4.56 gears, low range electronic recalibration of gas pedal sensitivity, more but thinner leafs in rear spring pack, 33" BFG All-Terrain tires and a 78.016:1 crawl ratio.

The previous owner put:
    -35" Kuhmo Road Venture's
    -Replaced the factory Bilstein's with Rancho 5000 series (WHYYYYY) but they're Rancho's and I dont expect them to last long
    -500watt RMS rockford fosgate amp with all MTX speakers and (2) 10" MTX Subs under the back seats (which I have yet been able to overthrow, ask Will and Phil)
    -Flowmaster 50 series with muffler back dual 3" chrome tips

So, like the Wrangler Rubicon, the truck has an interlock so you can't activate the lockers without being in 4LO so tonight I just ordered an override for it so I can lock the rear in 2wd and both in 4hi. Also ordered rubber mats for the winter to keep it clean
    Last edited by ninetysix-ex-jay; 11-25-2012, 08:52 PM.
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Tow Rig pic

Towed like a dream all the way to NJ and got an average of 9.3MPG's at 65. Very pleased

Comment

This thing is sexy to bad I'm on my way to side swipe it with the bed of my tow truck rght now
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

That's weird with the lockers, but I guess that makes sense as the factory setup. Where'd you get the override from?

PS sucks about the shocks, but meh- gives you an excuse to put something really nice on it once the Ranchos die.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Some guy on Dodgetalk makes the override. The interlock is actually in the transfer case. When it goes in 4lo it changes the resistance making it able to engage the lockers. All the over ride does is plugs into the tcase harness and by running a switch into the cab you can change the resistance successfully overriding that bullshit.

I think I`ll but the Bilsteins back in when the Ranchos blow. It not a bad ride or anything. Actually the lower spring rates for extra flex make it ride very nice for a 2500. Rode like a sofa with the Jeep on the trailer

Comment

I'm gonna order bilsteins for mine at some point..... so lemme know what you want, and rumor has it, we're a vendor for that there company.

This thing has the 5.7L right?? planning on doing any performance stuff??

LOVE this truck, maybe i'll post pics of mine up at some point lol. Good Luck with her brochaco.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
              I'm gonna order bilsteins for mine at some point..... so lemme know what you want, and rumor has it, we're a vendor for that there company.

This thing has the 5.7L right?? planning on doing any performance stuff??

LOVE this truck, maybe i'll post pics of mine up at some point lol. Good Luck with her brochaco.
              Yeah let me know about the `steins. Its a 5.7 but from what I`ve been reading this engine is tuned out pretty much. I would watch out for anything that `saves fuel` because it leans out the mix and could over heat valves ect. So other then the exhaust and air filter thats pretty much it. With the 4.56 gears it does hills fine even pulling a trailer. Plently of `umph` to pass people with it too.

Best post pics of yours dude

Comment

That's good to hear with the towing. Mine has 4.10's so it should be pretty good in that area.

AS for power....... this fucking truck blows my mind.... It has easily more power than any vehicle i've ever owned before, i can spin the rear tires on dry pavement just by hitting the gas.

Mine has the cylinder shutdown for highway use, so i was told the exhaust sounds great.... until it kicks down to 4 cylinders. Tow Mode, keeps it from kicking down, but then i'll loose my pretty sweet mpgs. I want to do an intake on it just for asthetics mostly, but stock air cleaners suck, i wanna make this baby breathe alittle better. Other than that, i'm not gonna touch it.

Where'd you get your floor mats from?

I'll post pics when i make william take some, i wanna put nice pics up hahaha. Probably this weekend.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                  That's good to hear with the towing. Mine has 4.10's so it should be pretty good in that area.

AS for power....... this fucking truck blows my mind.... It has easily more power than any vehicle i've ever owned before, i can spin the rear tires on dry pavement just by hitting the gas.

Mine has the cylinder shutdown for highway use, so i was told the exhaust sounds great.... until it kicks down to 4 cylinders. Tow Mode, keeps it from kicking down, but then i'll loose my pretty sweet mpgs. I want to do an intake on it just for asthetics mostly, but stock air cleaners suck, i wanna make this baby breathe alittle better. Other than that, i'm not gonna touch it.

Where'd you get your floor mats from?

I'll post pics when i make william take some, i wanna put nice pics up hahaha. Probably this weekend.
                  Aesthetics of the air filter... through the hood?
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i was gonna ask the same thing...
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

o btw thanks for making me a build thread
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        o btw thanks for making me a build thread
                        Dont get all sappy on my build thread

Comment

I did an intake, exhaust and a chip on mine and it was like night and day difference. Mine was the earlier model with 350 ish hp not the 390 tho. So it is probably about the same as those stock

Comment

there is a big chance that this might be the worst truck i have ever seen

just look how gay and dumb it is
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                              there is a big chance that this might be the worst truck i have ever seen

just look how gay and dumb it is
                              Yur gay and dumb

Comment

Working...
                              X