Schickos881 Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Some more updates with pictures for proof*

I took Clean4drxj' s advice and order the dynomax exhaust from summit. Along with a small turn down and clamps i bought at a local store. The dynomax was half the price of the spintech. Its a serious turn down, im probably going to be cutting it about 2 inchs so it dosnt hit rocks when high centered.

Got the rear axle in long arms mounted and adjusted, pinion angle set. Just a few small odds and ends to finish up so hoping to have wheels touching the ground by christmas. Then i have to figure out the brake line situation.
    Last edited by Schickos881; 01-02-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Looks like it should workout well for you!

Comment

Finished up the lift install, only thing left is to Make up a new rear brake line.

The exhaust set up worked out ok. Its on the loud side but not that bad. I also got new lime green seat belts that i installed today. The jeep is sitting a little high in the picture because there is no spare tire or tool box in it.
        Attached Files

Comment

01 tj

Comment

looks good man
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

All done
              Attached Files

Comment

Flexs awsome on a pile of wood, lets get that thing out on the trail
                98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Looks good, Time to beat it like a rented mule!

Comment

Got to do some work on the jeep TJ. Upgrades include.

Rockhard rollcage (painted lime green)
                    Radiator skid plate.
                    Green synthetic rope. (warranty due to previous melted line).
                    Savvy gas tank skid plate.
                    Rokmen rear bumper.
                    Clayton belly skid & motor skid. (awaiting arrival from pasta zullo)

G2 Disc brakes (seeing the stock drum brakes couldn't stop poop rolling down a hill)

I officially have the dumbest (polished turd axle) on SIS.

Ill get pictures up over the weekend, and look forward to seeing everyone at the M&G.

Comment

Nice work man, Im surprised I havent seen you around town. We should meet up sometime
                      05 Black Rubicon

Comment

you got the jeep on the road again i see

Comment

Went to rausch this weekend for club comp, fun weekend covered alot of ground and tryed some harder trails than usual.

Carnage repot:

- Bent LCA mounts pretty good.
                          - Smashed my turn down pipe.
                          - Dented my windsheild header some more.
                          - Tore my soft top a little bit
                          - Snapped a U joint of drivers side (due to loosing 2 13mm bolts that hold the wheel bearing assembly on).

-Bent my steering even more, pretty much bent into a V. Im looking into the JCR OTK set up ? Any one running this setup? How hard is it to reame out the knuckles and pitman arm?

Got some good trails in tho i was able to do crawl daddy, devils den, cemetery , and trail 5 hill climb (almost lost it because the SWB).
                          Attached Files

Comment

JCR is a good setup, reaming the knuckles isn't that bad the first 1 just go a little at a time and test fit a TRE when you get it where you need it slide the reamer back in and mark so the rest go much quicker!

Comment

do the WJ swap instead soo much better
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

With the wj swap dont you have to run differant wheel bearings? and what kind of steering would be used with those knuckles.

Comment

Working...
                                X