Project: LB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: LB

Ive had it for a while now but figured i would make a build thread for it.
    1974 Bronco with a 302

When I picked it up it had no exhaust (just manifolds), no rear drivshaft, no useable steering linkage, a rotted windshield frame, and would barely run.

So I fixed some things. I put an exhaust on it, all new steering, a rear driveshaft, windshield frame, converted to disc brakes in the front, converted to power brakes, and fuel injected it

Ran good but would stall sometimes, seemed like it was running out of fuel so i installed a fuel pressure guage. (the most high-tech thing in the truck)

I took it in the woods and it started stalling every 30 seconds. The low pressure fuel pump was not keeping up with the high pressure fuel pump so now it sits on my trailer waiting for a 125 GPH fuel pump.

I made half doors by just chopping off the window frames of an extra set i got for 50 bux but i cant find the same paint so ill have to paint the whole truck a different color, any suggestions?

A picture with the top off next to it's brother

Another picture. You can see the window frame that i cut off the half doors. My girlfirend and her dad are in the truck. We were at a bar. Yeah April, get it girl!
    2 Broncos are better than 1

it's the Dreamsicle!!

hahaha nice pics. i'll add some if i can find any.
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

I drive a Datsun

Comment

love these things! My 85 ranger had the drivetrain from a 76 bronco and I miss it alot

Comment

When I got it (she didnt come with it, thats my bro's gf)

Comment

I got my fuel pump today but...

It's cursed!!
            I hope it works. Dont know when ill have time to put it in.

Comment

it'll work, but now it's going to get 4 flat tires at the same time, and break a d35 shaft... somehow
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                it'll work, but now it's going to get 4 flat tires at the same time, and break a d35 shaft... somehow
                My d35 shaft.

It will spontaneously combust in my driveway.
                2 tj's
                3 yj's
                2 xj's
                i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

I drive a Datsun

Comment

Just put in the pump. Just have to get some self tapping screws to mount it to the frame. It works but i have a fuel leak by the high pressure pump now. Dam curse. Any broken shafts yet?

This pump pumps fast. I put the fuel line in a 12 oz water bottle to make sure it was pumping before i hooked it up and it almost overflowed the bottle before i could get to the key to shut it off! Hopefully the fuel leak i found has something to do with me getting 8 miles per gallon.

Comment

this sounds promising hopefully now it won't stall out. where are you? nortap?
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

I finally got this off the trailer. Runs great! I drove it to the auto parts store and got gas. No stalling yet. The heat really sucks in this thing so i started to take apart the heater. There was a small leak in the heater core so i have another one coming tomorrow and i found that there was a door in the heater box that was not allowing the blower motor to blow the air out, I have no idea why it exists. There is a cable to control the heater control valve to turn on and off the flow of coolant through the heater core, there is another cable to change between defrost and floor, and there is yet another cable that controls a door that just blocks the air after the blower motor (this cable was frozen). I just disconnected the cable and zip-tied the door open. Hopefully tomorrow when i get the heater core i will have heat! The ducts where also pretty beat up so I am going to use some duct tape for its actual purpose.

Comment

dd?
                          2 tj's
                          3 yj's
                          2 xj's
                          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Got the heater core in and the heat works! I know it doesnt sound like much but it is exciting to me. It gets warm enough to be comfortable but there are no weatherseals on the truck so it does not get hot. Warm enough to wheel though and now i have a defroster. Its nice to see out the window.

Comment

So I bought the NP435 from Owen and am going to swap it into this bronco.

Since I am going to have to buy everything anyway (Bellhousing, clutch, linkage) I have a few options:

1. I can get the factory bellhousing and clutch and run factory type linkage

2. I can get the factory bellhousing and clutch and customize the clutch fork to run a universal type hydraulic clutch setup

3. I can get the bellhousing from a mid-80's f150, which i am told bolts up to a NP435, and run the hydraulic setup from the f150.

Any thoughts?

I personally am leaning towards the f150 setup. The parts are cheap and readily available. I found a bellhousing for 73 bux that i am thinking about buying

But i also got a reply from a guy saying:
                              bell housing with fork $30
                              flywheel $30
                              clutch $20
                              pedal $15
                              linkage from pedal to fork $30

Then i can sell the C4 (I actually have two of them) and the extra dana20 to make my money back.

I am looking forward to doing this and will try to post some pictures as i go along but I will probably wait until it gets a little warmer. Or at least until I actually buy the rest of the parts

Comment

Working...
                              X