Project work truck manche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project work truck manche

So I got this comanche off Hux, I've always wanted one and this one looked pretty solid minus the bed rust and some floor boards. I kinda just want a capable pickup truck I can ue for utility purposes..my 2wd just doesnt cut it for most things. My plans are a SOA rear with an 8.25 (which I also got from Hux haha) a D30 front of course with 4.5 inch springs and upper and lower control arms, 33 inch tires..etc. Then depending on what I do for my cherokee it will either end up with my current axles with 4.56 gears or a D30/44 combo with 4.88's Idk yet. I'll also use her as a guiney pic for figuring front pillar measurments for a cage and whatnot. Then some rust repair and paint....And maybe wayy down the road a full 97+ drivetrain and dash swap..but I'd need to find the perfect donor cherokee for that. I only have 1 pic so far but I'll keep it updated as I go.

So far I've determined that all of the cylinders run about 140psi even for compression which aint bad for 193xxx miles, and after having the valve cover off theres no sign of sludge and after clearing out the valve cover vacuum line she doesnt appear to have any blowby..So knock on wood I hope she has some good miles left in her.
    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

I already patched the floor rust, I dont have a before...or during..but I do have and end photo!

98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

350/4spd/dana300, 60's, chopped, linked, spooled, 40's..... and destroy
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
        350/4spd/dana300, 60's, chopped, linked, spooled, 40's..... and destroy
        I was thinkin more leaf spring front

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

we like to run a little bit of everything

Comment

So I brought the 8.25 downstairs to get to work on it, started by cutting the perches and shock mounts off..If you take an angle grinder and cut through the welds they pop off pretty easily with a couple hits from a BFH..

Depending on your patience you can leave slight etches in the tubes, but a quick bead of weld to fill it in and its good to go.

Since these welds were just gonna get ground smooth anyways I just used my flux core welder so I didnt waste gas.

Then I started welding the tubes, this I did use the gas mig so it could look all purdy.

Hopefully this weekend I can make a truss for it and started on putting a disc brake setup on it Ive had laying around.

Comment

looking good dude!

Comment

A belt sander will smooth everything out on axle tubes a lot better than a grinder.
                1950 Willys Trail Rig
                2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

I used an 80 grit flapper wheel on a 41/2'' angle grinder that seemed to work pretty good, but I think I'll deff give that belt sander idea a try i got one laying around.

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                    I used an 80 grit flapper wheel on a 41/2'' angle grinder that seemed to work pretty good, but I think I'll deff give that belt sander idea a try i got one laying around.
                    I bought a pretty festive one at Sears in your town for $75 just to smooth my 8.8... The smoothness is worth $75 lol
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig
                    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Really, worth 75 bucks..alrighty then

Comment

I'll hopfully have the manche lifted by this weekend..well with buying the house it better or it aint getting done for a month or 2, And i want it lifted and ready to start hauling leaves and shit out of the yard.

Anyways Im just using a run of the mill 8.25 and Im throwing a grand cherokee disc brake setup Ive had laying around on it. So new axle seals, pinion seal, and of course a truss..

Comment

So i got the manche lifted and what not, I got a quick pic and I'll put up more about the rear axle bits and peices as soon as facebook decides to let them upload.

Comment

/self, i miss it
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

haha sry man, its got your old 8.25 in the back

Comment

Working...
                              X