14 Bolt yoke straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Bolt yoke straps

I need a couple, mine got smashed thanks to axle wrap.
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

levines, or better drill the yoke and get u-bolt style straps, less stretch and then when they do you can tighten them instead of buying new straps
    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
      levines, or better drill the yoke and get u-bolt style straps, less stretch and then when they do you can tighten them instead of buying new straps
      I don't know if that is possible with the stock yoke, where could I get the u bolts?

Also I have read auto parts stores sell a crappy version of the straps, So I kinda want to get some oem ones.

I have never had a problem with straps in this application. Ran the axle for a couple years
      1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Here ya go 14 Bolt weak link info!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...oke/index.html
        HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
        OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

go to levines, they will have spicer parts, they will have the straps or the u-bolts, idk i've never done well with the straps they always stretched out on me then i'd have to make spacers to limp home

Comment

do what they show on pirate but make it your self, go to levines and ask for u-joint u-bolt style straps for what ever size u-joint your running and drill away and problem solved, also running the u-boly style straps helps because when your flexing crazy and your driveline angles are crazy the yokes will get so close they will deform the bolt heads, with the u-bolts there's never that problem. (as you can tell i'm a firm believer in u-bolt style)

Comment

I got my straps from Napa, they have them. As far as drilling out the stock yoke, there isnt enough casting to do it without compromising strength. I had the same issue when my pinion angle was too high. I ended up replacing the yoke with a thru-bolt style yoke. Not a problem since.
              88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

I wanted staps damn it! Not advice! Now I don't know what to do!

Actually I appreciate the input.

Now I just need to figure out what to do. I am going to throw some straps from napa for now to get it in and out of the shop without having to push it

I have a spare yoke I might mess around with or just pony up and buy a U bolt style yoke.
                1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Working...
                X