No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in tube doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to change mine to just front two, 97+.

What type of mirrors do you have mounted on yours?
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by rweaver138 View Post
      do the doors rattle at all when you go over bumps? like near the hinges and such. and also what price would we be looking at for round tube? i like the look of the round tube better but if its too pricey i can settle with square.
      There is zero rattle at the hinges, the pins are welded on bolts, so they are secured by nuts. That way they dont rattle and no one can walk off with them. There is a little play at the latch end. But I weld a bump stop in so there is basically no rattle, and if there is you should be able to hear it over the wind or a radio. If the bump stop ever wears in from closing the door I'll gladly repair and adjust the bump stop. Also round tube will only be marginally more expensive. $10 or under
      98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
        I'd like to change mine to just front two, 97+.

What type of mirrors do you have mounted on yours?
        No problem, I got snowmobile mirrors from my work. You can really use anything that bolts on..I can get you the same mirrors I have for about $50..they are expensive but work good.
        98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Hey Armand you interesting in fabricating up a 2 door set for my Rubicon that you have yet to meet?
          06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

Sure thing, you might have to leave it with me for a day. But yea I can deff do it up for you. I should be able to keep it under 250 no problem, depends how complcated..or simple you want them.

Comment

Also my bender arived today, me and Joe are gonna put it together tonight and the die set will be here monday or tuesday. So my plan is to have at LEAST 2 sets for people done by sunday of next week!

Comment

awesome!
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

sweet can't wait to have passengers again They are too scared of the whole no doors thing at the moment
                  Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                  93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                  Eric

Comment

hopefully i can sell my axles in time so i can get a set before summers frickin over
                    99 XJ - 5.5" RE, 35's, 4.56's, d30/d44 locked, bumpers

Comment

Haha yea that would be ideal, knock on wood with the way summer has been, you should have plenty of time to get some use outta them.

Comment

I cant fucking wait to use the shit out of this thing.

Comment

LOL good luck with the manual arm.

Comment

haha i knew somone was gonna say that, i talked to one of the guys at the company and he said you can bend .095 wall with one hand, so the 1.75, .120 wall should only take a little more effort. Plus it has an extended handle and can be upgraded to full hydraulic at anytime.

Comment

I own it. He's full of shit.

Comment

HAHA, owell, not to worried about it. I'll git er done even if me and joe gotta 2 person it.

Comment

Working...
                                X