the "i told you so" subaru thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Not being able to mod it any further and not being able to mod it to begin with are two different things.

The jeep is already modded and exists as a non DD toy. The Impreza was/is the daily driver street vehicle, albeit modded as well.

Keep the DD unmodded and enjoy, its a pretty surefire way to go
    Oh! I didn't realize it was already done it.
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
      sell it, dude. pick up a Mark IV GTI that'll be a fun daily driver that gets sick mpgs. If you're set on the awd, might want to look at a Passat or an A4 Quattro.
      Personally I'd look for an a4. Whenever i've talked to euro mechanics, they pretty much all say that vw's cost as much to own an audi so might as well have awd. I am actually in between getting a 2.5 impreza or legacy or grabbing an a4. I'm leaning towards the subarus because I want awd without having to spend the money on premium gas

Comment

Calibur and Matrix both have AWD (certain models) and both are fairly cheap brand new, and get ridiculous MPG's.

Plus the toyota will last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
          Calibur and Matrix both have AWD (certain models) and both are fairly cheap brand new, and get ridiculous MPG's.

Plus the toyota will last forever.
          I would never buy a caliber after driving my dad's rental. The thing felt like a 20 yr old car and only had 23000 miles. I like driving different cars and I almost instantly wanted to turn around and go home

Comment

Coming from the 26 years old aspect of life, id say focus on what ya need to get together right now. hands down i shouldnt have bought the JK. Working car with good gas mileage was fine. Oh well. Live and Learn.
            2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
            J10 project do want.
            "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

I went up to New York in one... I didn't dislike it. It was very basic with a trying too hard feel. I have no complaints for the car itself. It got better gas mileage than the yaris we went up with. I'll agree it wasn't anything great though.

I just meant, if awd is the one thing he needs, why not go with AWD, great reliability, AND MPG. He's got the jeep if he still cares that much about social status.

Comment

I just meant, if awd is the one thing he needs, why not go with AWD, great reliability, AND MPG.
                my impreza has 207k on it, and is rated for something like 25-32mpg
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  my impreza has 207k on it, and is rated for something like 25-32mpg
                  Every impreza I looked at was rated at like 21/23 in the subaru dealer parking lot.. Impreza, not wrx.
                  Plus, more money for upkeep.

Comment

havings toys is like the stock market. sell while youre ahead or risk hitting rock bottom. you never know how far youll get before you hit the next big snag. cut your losses and sell until you get settled into a steady job and gain an income you can play with.
                    winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
                      sell it, dude. pick up a Mark IV GTI that'll be a fun daily driver that gets sick mpgs. If you're set on the awd, might want to look at a Passat or an A4 Quattro.
                      nononononononononono!!!!!! i hate vdubs. lol

if it was me i would keep it because a wrx can be a really nice dd,
                      now i dont really kno what motor work an shit you have done but if its under 290-280ish wheels you can do a light tranny build an it should be fine for something you drive around all the time, not 6k awd launches every red light obv lol. i dont really kno how you drive but i know a few people with wrx's that are lightly built an they love them as dd cars.

if you sell it as is your gona loose out on a shitload of money, an lets say you buy one in the future you will be in the same place you are now(like having to do the same mods) but just down a ton of cash cuz of sellin an buying unless your lucky as hell an find retarted deals.

now i dont even have a somewhat reliable dd, im currently fixing my 240 from my one week off of work an driving around my fucked up jeep that cant go over 40 mph. so obv right away im not going to be the person to say o get rid of it an buy some stock shit. but if you never think you would want a wrx again an just like having a insanly reliable,slow,reasonable car as a dd then its prob you best bet to get rid of it.
                      97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Originally posted by 003brian View Post
                        nononononononononono!!!!!! i hate vdubs. lol

if it was me i would keep it because a wrx can be a really nice dd,
                        now i dont really kno what motor work an shit you have done but if its under 290-280ish wheels you can do a light tranny build an it should be fine for something you drive around all the time, not 6k awd launches every red light obv lol. i dont really kno how you drive but i know a few people with wrx's that are lightly built an they love them as dd cars.

if you sell it as is your gona loose out on a shitload of money, an lets say you buy one in the future you will be in the same place you are now(like having to do the same mods) but just down a ton of cash cuz of sellin an buying unless your lucky as hell an find retarted deals.

now i dont even have a somewhat reliable dd, im currently fixing my 240 from my one week off of work an driving around my fucked up jeep that cant go over 40 mph. so obv right away im not going to be the person to say o get rid of it an buy some stock shit. but if you never think you would want a wrx again an just like having a insanly reliable,slow,reasonable car as a dd then its prob you best bet to get rid of it.

Now what if he puts all the money into this to fix it... and the next thing breaks. How long does he dump money into this car before he should cut his losses?

Comment

from what i gather, he has had more headaches with the WRX than I have had with my jeep in a comparable period.
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Now what if he puts all the money into this to fix it... and the next thing breaks. How long does he dump money into this car before he should cut his losses?
                              agian, i have no idea of what is done to the car,condition of it, any other problems. if there is other shit wrong with it then thats different. but if there isnt its not like wrx's are peices of shit an will just break all the time, like i said i have a few friends that have wrx's an they have no problems other than tranny b.s.
                              97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Krazors, the Subies TAKE 87 octane, but it doesn't mean you should use it. The Audis are the same way- it's recommended to use 91, but you don't have to. It runs smoother, cleaner, and more efficient with the higher octane. Just because it can, doesn't mean it should.
                                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                                MK2 Jetta > M3
                                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X