the "i told you so" subaru thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the "i told you so" subaru thread

The prophesy of the glass transmission has finally been fulfilled. Yesterday I blew 3rd gear in my wrx. Figures I was driving normally too, oh well. Now on to the tricky part. To fix, or not to fix. To sell, or not to sell. Quite honestly I can't afford this anymore. I'm thinking about selling the car, fixed or not, and buying a normal 5 speed good mpg awd car, ie 95 impreza 1.8l or something. The jeep isn't getting modded anytime soon due to lack of funds so I'm on the fence about it too.

I'm 26 years old, I need an apt asap and I need a reliable car. Do I cut my losses and start all over? I guess it was fun while it lasted. What is everyones opinion from the jeep lover subie haters club lol.
    I drive a Datsun

Sell that shit. You have one toy already in a Jeep. Two toys just ends up being that...two toys.

And I'm not a subie hater (obviously)

Kick it down a notch, get a 2.2/2.5 or something that you arent gonna mod out/beat on..and just drive it

Honestly, fuck the people who say "ITS BAD ASS KEEP IT AND FIX IT"

lets be real here. you know its the right decision to move along based on your situation, just a matter of accepting it.

/REALITY
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

wrx powered buggy

do it
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

i would sell it...if you're having a lot of problems with it...which it seems like you have/had...i would consider getting something you know won't let you down/something that isn't tooooo tempting to mod

if you are ready to move on and get your own apt i'd definitely start focusing on that...start saving up your money to get your own place and take it from there
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

shoulda kept the old jeep and just sell it. Not worth it anymore
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

sell it, dude. pick up a Mark IV GTI that'll be a fun daily driver that gets sick mpgs. If you're set on the awd, might want to look at a Passat or an A4 Quattro.
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Told ya so..... Lol I keeed, fix that tranny and sell it!!

Comment

Prioritize, i would sell it and save the money your spending on gas/insurance,etc.. Look into something that will help you out in the long run.
                God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Fix it and then sell it you wont get shit for it with the trans the way it is.... Ive been in this situation before when I had the stang and jeep like said before 2 toys = 2 money pits and its not very reasonable. Sell the subi get a good DD..
                  89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                  95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                  97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                  If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

BORKED
                    2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

gotta prioritize man....sell it
                      I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

it happens, i traded my commanche for civic, my wrangler is almost back to stock from sitting on 36's, i bought a older truck simple/easy to work on. the trade off ? I got a house now with a great yard. Vehicles are nice to customize but sometimes you got to cut your lose's, drive something cheap/reliable and think about the big picture.
                        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                        eliminator MJ - Sold
                        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

You said it yourself, Alex. 26 years old. You have plenty of time for more fun cars after you're more settled. I vote sell it for a practical car, at some point in life you have to realize when something is too much. As far as keeping the jeep and not being able to lift it, or use it as a daily driver seems like a waste...What's the point in having it if it's neither a toy nor a daily driver?
                          Sell them both, buy a good condition daily driver and once your stable in your own place, buy toys. my .02.
                          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9801
                            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                              As far as keeping the jeep and not being able to lift it, or use it as a daily driver seems like a waste...What's the point in having it if it's neither a toy nor a daily driver?
                              Not being able to mod it any further and not being able to mod it to begin with are two different things.

The jeep is already modded and exists as a non DD toy. The Impreza was/is the daily driver street vehicle, albeit modded as well.

Keep the DD for the most part unmodded and unbeaten and enjoy, its a pretty surefire way to go
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X