No announcement yet.

Man, this has gotta suck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ump shoulda had it in his head that if there was a close call it would go to the pitcher. At least I would. But people make bad calls every day in baseball, unfortunately. Yea, it sucks but thats the way it goes. I'm sure the guy felt like absolute shit after it and that is awesome sportsmanship by that pitcher

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
      There's a big difference between the two. George Brett's home run was a special circumstance, that the ump should have used some common sense on. Bad calls happen in baseball every single day.

You really can't reverse the call. If you reverse this bad call, where does the controversy stop? That would open up a can of worms and put every single controversial call in the history of baseball under a microscope.

What will happen, is replays in baseball are going to be a much more common occurance. Whether it be automatic reviews from an extra umpire, or some sort of challenge system like they have in the NFL.
      i dont know man, i just feel so bad for gallaraga...i mean hes a young kid and worked hard for that ALMOST perfect game. its seriously fucked up man. but seriously, no replay shit at all....ever....or i will be for serious upset
      I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
        That ump shoulda had it in his head that if there was a close call it would go to the pitcher.
        This.
        I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

got him by more than a fuckin step

what the hell goes through an umps mind to essentially rob a pitcher of a perfect game on what he must think is an incredibly close call, just to give the other team 1 single
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

someone paid him off
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
              There's a big difference between the two. George Brett's home run was a special circumstance, that the ump should have used some common sense on. Bad calls happen in baseball every single day.

You really can't reverse the call. If you reverse this bad call, where does the controversy stop? That would open up a can of worms and put every single controversial call in the history of baseball under a microscope.

What will happen, is replays in baseball are going to be a much more common occurance. Whether it be automatic reviews from an extra umpire, or some sort of challenge system like they have in the NFL.
              The REAL problem remains that Baseball is built on the pillars of Trust with the Umpires. Ever since Baseball became a national sport, Umpires have been there as the figureheads of Fairness and Nobility on the field. They are essentially the end all be all; whatever an Umpire says, basically goes. They have the power to make every call, throw players out of the game and call balls and strikes COMPLETELY UNCONTESTED and while this worked for years, in this day and age, the system has fallen flat on its face.

Instant replays now give us the ability to see that these Umpires are merely human and some of their calls are flat out inaccurate to the highest degree. Every other sport has caught up with the times, and now we have Baseball, a sport built on purity and trust, only poisoned by the advances technology that baseball has neglected.

Personally, I do not want Baseball to have 2 minute contested plays like football, you essentially ruin the pace of the game and the purity of the sport, but something must be done to combat these blatant inaccuracies.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
              X