Man, this has gotta suck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rweaver138 View Post
    "sports guys" are all saying Bud Selig's gonna reverse the call. it would be great for that pitcher, but it would open pandora's box and people would want every controversial call to be looked at and possibly reversed
    i dont think theyll do it.

just because of what you said
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

NOT reversing the call

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5248118

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        good for him

did anyone see the pitcher and the ump before todays game? they showed it on sportscenter the pitcher went to the ump gave him a hug and shit and the ump was all crying, he knows he fucked up, and on top of that the pitcher was given a brand new corvette
        99 XJ - 5.5" RE, 35's, 4.56's, d30/d44 locked, bumpers

Comment

not like he couldnt afford like 10 corvettes anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            not like he couldnt afford like 10 corvettes anyway
            Well, considering he only makes around $400k a year, he probably couldn't.

Comment

Apparently the pitcher took it really well when he made the call. If that were me Id probably start tossing 90MPH baseballs at his head.
              2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
              J10 project do want.
              "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

bud selig should have reversed the call just like that ump did back in the 80's when whatever the fuck his name was got his home run taken away due to excessive pine tar on his bat. its was good to see that the ump knew he fucked up and apologized and that gallaraga showed great sportsmanship and class to let it go and be cool about it. it was a pretty fucked up situation. but i SWEAR TO GOD if they even think about instant replay shit for baseball i will hurt someone!
                I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

p.s. the ump has been and MLB ump for 22 years. 1 bad call in 22 years im just thankful that it wasnt in the world series......then there would have been a riot
                  I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post

I used to play with a kid who pitches now for the Tigers. Rick Porcello, drafted right out of Seton Hall Prep High School in North Jersey. He threw mid to high 90's in high school and got a 7 million dollar signing bonus. Now that would be nice
                    I would have to think long and hard about taking a 7 million dollar signing bonus to represent the hell hole they call Detroit...

Okay, I would. but that still does not change the fact that Detroit is a shit hole.[end/thread derail]

Sucks for that guy but I honor a guy who can take a bad call like that and go and give the ump a hug.
                    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                    • 5.13's
                    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Just watched the video of this on Youtube. it wasnt even close
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

link???
                        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                        • 5.13's
                        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLt3iYiFbU[/ame]
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

death threats in the mail for that guy

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

wow. that poor pitcher. i cent believe that. ughhhhh
                              2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                              J10 project do want.
                              "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
                                bud selig should have reversed the call just like that ump did back in the 80's when whatever the fuck his name was got his home run taken away due to excessive pine tar on his bat. its was good to see that the ump knew he fucked up and apologized and that gallaraga showed great sportsmanship and class to let it go and be cool about it. it was a pretty fucked up situation. but i SWEAR TO GOD if they even think about instant replay shit for baseball i will hurt someone!
                                There's a big difference between the two. George Brett's home run was a special circumstance, that the ump should have used some common sense on. Bad calls happen in baseball every single day.

You really can't reverse the call. If you reverse this bad call, where does the controversy stop? That would open up a can of worms and put every single controversial call in the history of baseball under a microscope.

What will happen, is replays in baseball are going to be a much more common occurance. Whether it be automatic reviews from an extra umpire, or some sort of challenge system like they have in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X