No announcement yet.

Satellite TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DirecTV is the fucking shit, period. I've got it at work and there is nothing better.

Anyone that is a big sports fan should have it. We get the baseball and football package and it kicks ass. Sure, it costs money. But if you like sports, you like sports.

For those that say satellite cuts out, they either have the wrong provider or don't know jack shit. The only time I've seen it cut out is during a fucking monsoon, which is maybe twice a year. On the contrary, I've got Dish network here at the house, and it kinda blows. It's real cheap, and you can tell.

Cliff notes: DirecTV > all

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
      DirecTV is the fucking shit, period. I've got it at work and there is nothing better.

Anyone that is a big sports fan should have it. We get the baseball and football package and it kicks ass. Sure, it costs money. But if you like sports, you like sports.

For those that say satellite cuts out, they either have the wrong provider or don't know jack shit. The only time I've seen it cut out is during a fucking monsoon, which is maybe twice a year. On the contrary, I've got Dish network here at the house, and it kinda blows. It's real cheap, and you can tell.

Cliff notes: DirecTV > all
      x2

i like the layout of direct tv's menus ect.. and i like that the HD channel #'s are the same as the normal channels not just tact on at the end. also you have the option of just showing the HD channels if they broadcast both. its nice i like it and the DVR is dope
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

What I want to know is:

is DirecTV a series of FUCKING MIRACLES?!
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          What I want to know is:

is DirecTV a series of FUCKING MIRACLES?!
          Yes.

Comment

Fucking Mike Prairies

how do they work

?
            dirty30

Comment

Direct TV all up in this bitch!
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I actually drive to work to watch San Diego Charger games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  360 dollars a year is nothing to me.
                  You must be this guy.
                  2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
                    You must be this guy.
                    in the grand scheme of things, ~ $1 a day for TV is nothing ... if you work full time

Comment

I've had directv for 3 years, and I pay 27 bucks a month now, signed up for 30 originally, just call and cancel/tell them you are thinking about cancelling and the cancellation dept hooks you up with the same/better price, I've done it 3 times now and keep paying less, although i did cancel once officially but they called me back 4 hours later and gave me the price I was asking for, plus a couple months of free premium channels

doug
                      1992 xj Briarwood
                      Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
                      Welded front and rear
                      13' LED roof lights
                      Disco ball
                      Truck nuts
                      Spinners

Comment

A BIG thanks to the people who actual had useful input.. thanks

Comment

and just because this thread exists....Directv just went out (for the second time in 3 years) oh well
                          1992 xj Briarwood
                          Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
                          Welded front and rear
                          13' LED roof lights
                          Disco ball
                          Truck nuts
                          Spinners

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT View Post
                            I've had directv for 3 years, and I pay 27 bucks a month now, signed up for 30 originally, just call and cancel/tell them you are thinking about cancelling and the cancellation dept hooks you up with the same/better price, I've done it 3 times now and keep paying less, although i did cancel once officially but they called me back 4 hours later and gave me the price I was asking for, plus a couple months of free premium channels

doug
                            Yep.

They hooked us up when we told them to cancel the baseball package, because we couldn't afford it. Gave us some super sick deal.

Comment

i read an article in either TIME or Business Week about doing exactly that to tv providers and it works everytime, they just want to keep your business.

and yes i read
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                A BIG thanks to the people who actual had useful input.. thanks
                                No problemo, dude.

I'm glad I could help.
                                sigpic
                                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X