No announcement yet.

hey firefighters, extinguisher tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carry an ABC. you should carry 2 of the small ones. make them both within reach so you can use both if needed. you dont want to have to do a chinese fire drill around the jeep looking for the other one. and get one the size you think wont take up too much room. not sure what size is but it stores nicely right behind my seat and will def be easy to grab if need be. its a 2.5 lb one. Like kevin lax said, car fire spread fast, so keep it in view.
    Last edited by CumminsJeep; 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

my dad's got an automotive extinguisher will's gonna grab...it's a 2.5 lbs one...i'm sure he can get him some more too...but yeah, i definitely agree with andrew
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
        car fire spread fast, so keep it in view.
        Fire deserves alot of respect, things can go from no bid deal to holy shit wtf do I do, in a very small amount of time. I know this isnt a car but it shows how quick a small fire turns into a room fully flashed over.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/58DLiJ8733M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/58DLiJ8733M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

I keep one of these in the back of the 2002 in case of a fire...

"Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
          It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            especially an expensive racer

Is the chassis even usable after that point? Or does that much intense heat really fuck up the integrity or warp the tubing?

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
              Is the chassis even usable after that point? Or does that much intense heat really fuck up the integrity or warp the tubing?
              not usable
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

looks like he is trying to light it on fire again in the top pic
                2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Any idea to the cause of these ultra 4 fires?? Fuel lines or fuel cell issues??
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

heres the thread on pirate about doc's fire/the guy who pulled him out

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863040
                    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                      Any idea to the cause of these ultra 4 fires?? Fuel lines or fuel cell issues??
                      i actually forget doc's, might have been ATF related

schneiders car rolled Hard breaking the motor mounts off, which pinched a fuel line or something...it was a fuel fire on the headers i think
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

anyone who is interested, here is a great article concerning this all

http://pirate4x4.com/tech/2010-fire/index.php
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

HA i should probably carry one seeing as i did lose my last xj to an electrical fire, god damn renix wiring
                          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

gonna go buy another one of these.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

A 15lb ABC will put out a decent sized fire. 15lbers are what you typically find hanging on the walls in manufacturing buildings or warehouses. Their between 35-55 lbs and with a little fanageling you could mount it up easily. It isn't going to "out of the way" but it'll work. They're about 3' tall, 8" wide and 8" deep.
                              2000 XJ
                              2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

The onboard systems like that DJ Safety one are standard in a lot of racing applications like nascar and drag racing, it seems almost silly to not have one in a comp buggy.

Do i think its worth it to spend 500 bucks on a system like that for your jeep... its up to you, if it saves your rig one day i'm sure you'd be pretty happy.

ForSure Motorsports
                                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                                X