No announcement yet.

I gots Diesel Power!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea it diesel almost the same thing that a chip does except that most chips confuse the out put signal this just changes the input signal witch in the end does the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
      This one is def intercooled. not sure when they started putting them in but I would say ever since ford had a turbo diesel, not the non turbo version (which I think was called the IDI?) The first year of the turbo versions were still the IDI motor and they didnt do so hot. So they developed the powerstroke in 94 I believe which is intercooled.
      Dude theres definatly no intercooler anywhere.... Just looked it up 99 was first year
      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

I've heard of the resistor thing as well. And my friend has a 93 IDI turbo dually. It's bitchin!
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

You could get a idi or Turbo charged in 93. And PS in deisel it is called a aftercooler not a intercooler the only way that it could be a intercooler is if it is between 2 turbos

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
            Thanks guys! Got the lettering off it today ill snap some daytime pics clean tommorow

Gunna have a full sweep of guages to keep my eye on everything also gunna install a transcooler the size of texas.Thanks for the heads up, however I learned the E4OD hates heat in my last f250 when it puked the main seal and the fluid caught fire on the exhuast 2 miles out on to the beach

Its non intercooled think they did that with the 6.0 in like 2003 2004 ish
            the year they changed to the "powerstrokes" they became intercooled I believe so it was like late 97's and up

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
              Dude theres definatly no intercooler anywhere.... Just looked it up 99 was first year
              for real?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                for real?
                fo sho no intercoolers till 99
                89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Working...
                X