for those who mtn bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those who mtn bike

I'm taking Adams advice, and I'm contemplating getting back into it. I used to motocross up until I was 13, and I toyed around on mtn bikes whenever it wasn't convenient to start up the motorcycle.

So, what do you guys ride? Where do you go?

I've got a fairly old Specialized Rockhopper, but it looks to be in pretty good shape. I might take it down to the bike shop tommorow and get it serviced. It definetly needs new tires.

Last edited by Even; 04-05-2010, 05:47 PM.

Steep Rock in Washington is pretty good they have a bunch of trails. A bunch of horse trails and it is pretty fun. If you go down walker brook road about 1/8 of a mile before it reaches Judd's bridge road you can cross the river and get over there. There is a camp site down off of the road. I have a gaint upland. Off-topic but my Uncle rode his bike from Oregon to My house of the summer it took him 35 days, pretty sick

That is the bike. My little brother not him.
    99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

The reflectors mean serious beesnus.

Comment

Here is a good list of trails to ride in CT http://www.bikerag.com/bike_trail_maps_text_CT.htm . Couple of my favs are west woods in branford, tyler mill in wallingford,and old mine park in trumbull. I ride a 2 year old model of this http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/bikes/azure/ although i dont ride nearly enough for what it cost me.
        Last edited by kevinlax16; 04-05-2010, 05:59 PM. Reason: forgot link

Comment

You can not go wrong with specialized
          I ride dis but its back home and that makes me sad.

Comment

I used to be into Mtn biking alot. I had a custom built Cheetah Dual Slalom Hardtail for downhill/urban. but I sold it to fund an ATV which then got sold to fund the truck. Now Im rocking a 10 year old Trek 6500 with a RS Jett front fork. I cant complain, as I have never had a problem with it. Ive done a tune up twice and she just keeps on going. I would like to get back into riding and I think Im going to try to do more of it this summer as I have at least two friends who are into riding.
            Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
            2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
            2009 Pontiac G8 GT
            2004 Z1000
            1999 TJ

Comment

I am relatively a newb to mtb'ing but for my hi skewl gradjeeation My parents got me an Iron Horse maverick... Nothing special but for me it is poifect.

This is a warrior but mine is supah similar.
              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
              • 4.0/42rle/np241or
              • 5.13's
              • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
              • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

I ride a kona stinky, i mostly ride trumbull, ninham and nepaug. all have good features. crankfire.com is the ct mtb forum, which has trail info. Pinkbike.com is just an all around great mtb site
                4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

oh and i have a bunch of spare parts if you need any.
                  4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                    You can not go wrong with specialized
                    I ride dis but its back home and that makes me sad.

Why did you leave it?

I ride a GT Aggressor that I got for free. I don't do anything crazy on it so it works for me

Comment

because i had no room in the jeep for anything else. Itll be coming back with me this august tho. So many places to ride here.

Comment

go to diablo freeride park. go to bear mountain.

alex, you need that bike in utah right now.

i miss my warrior
                        winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

nothing wrong with what you have evan, ride it til you outgrow it/ feel you need to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            go to diablo freeride park. go to bear mountain.

alex, you need that bike in utah right now.

i miss my warrior
                            Diablo is awesome. I know I need it out here but its not worth it for 3 more weeks here.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                              because i had no room in the jeep for anything else. Itll be coming back with me this august tho. So many places to ride here.
                              My sister used to go to school at CU Boulder and use to ride out in utah. Go to a place called Fruita, it's her favorite place to ride. I've seen pics. It looks unreal.
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X