Power Plant Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riot View Post
    The news said they are getting Ambulances from New Jersey. Doesn't much make sense to me, but damn!
    because our ambulances are superior

seriously tho, that sucks. hope the best for all involved
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

That's not the plant that owen works at is it?
      Originally posted by Fast Orange
      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post

I am a power plant employee (not there) and a few people from my plant left to work there. Pretty tough thing for me to think about right now, I pray that them and everyone else involved makes it out ok
        /
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

It sucks though, I and everyone else who works at these plants put in a lot of hours, it is like a big family. I am very sad, this event is devistating.
          1950 Willys Trail Rig
          2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

i felt it in meriden and my boyfriend felt it on the other side of town, almost in wallingford. and we passed search and rescue trucks with their lights on heading towards middletown on 91.
            his brother is on the fire department and told us what happened..said fire departments from 3 surrounding towns were called in.

i hope everyone turns out okay. the reports keep changing.
            erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

this sucks. i hope everyone is ok.
              #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

good thing it wasnt a nuclear plant ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  good thing it wasnt a nuclear plant ...
                  Probably wouldn't have happened at a nuclear plant, the odds for that sort of thing are real slim.

Comment

Comment

The news said they are getting Ambulances from New Jersey. Doesn't much make sense to me, but damn!
                      One medical helicopter was called into Derby ct for an unrelated call. Boston and NY had helos on standby for the middletown scene
                      2000 XJ
                      2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

I'm a fire fighter in my town and we were told that we weren't being dispatched but the state USAR (Urban Search and Rescue) Team was being deployed. A guy on my department is also a firefighter in the Air Guard and was up at his base yesterday and his unit got mobilized and put on standby. Two Lifeline helicopters were sent there.
                        I need the 4.0L!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Any more information on this accident?
                          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

This was a big topic at work today (work at nuke plant). A few guys I work with worked with a few guys that work there and got they story fairly straight. They were purging some lines that were charged up with some gas as a pressure test and venting it outdoors. I guess the winds were doing funny things and ended up blowing the gases in and around the building so it was just a matter of time.

Supposedly last week a guy that my buddy from work knows was working there and said there was just a cloud of gas inside of the building from the same sort of thing and told the guys there that hes leaving before someone gets killed. It amazes me that these people would stick around after seeing that.

Really an unfortunate event that should have, especially this day in age, been avoided.

Comment

Any more information on this accident?
                              It was Air Atlantic out of NJ that responded to Derby. It was used to transfer a special needs patient to CCMC due to both lifestar birds being used for the middletown response.

I haven't been back to work yet but I am curious to see what we can learn from this. HS is in the middle of installing a cogeneration plant as we speak. I'm not sure if it will run off natural gas or not.
                              Last edited by Adam; 02-08-2010, 05:22 PM.
                              2000 XJ
                              2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

My friend John is a pipefitter on that job. He was 100 feet from the explosion in a construction trailer when it happened. He is fine but he knew a couple of the guys who didnt make it.
                                Bent Fab Evo4 Rockwell Buggy
                                2011 Silverado 6.2L LT
                                2009 Pontiac G8 GT
                                2004 Z1000
                                1999 TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X