• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Plant Explosion

Do any of you have details about this:

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/P...red-355283.php

Power Plant explosion?

I just came to post this. my house shook way over in Hamden, and I was like "wtf that was a strong wind!"
    Then I saw on facebook a friend in Guilford asking about tremors. Finally, my dad called and said this happened, so I checked out.
    fucking crazy people felt it for so far away!

Edit: You should be a bit more specific with the title of the thread of there are going to be 15 reposts. haha
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
      Edit: You should be a bit more specific with the title of the thread of there are going to be 15 reposts. haha

good call

Comment

Do we know if it was CT yankee? (

Comment

It was on River Road in Middletown

Doesn't say which company it was
          Last edited by Nick; 02-07-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Different plant. CT Yankee was nuclear.

Comment

It's the Kleen Energy Plant

Comment

Channel 3 says, 4 dead, and hundreds injured.

Comment

im at my gramps in madison and we just heard it on the news. i didnt feel anything over here though.
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Its new, runs on natural gas, I believe 450MW, it has been under construction for the past couple of years, I am not sure if it is online yet. It shook my house pretty well, I live about 10-12 miles away. My friend from Middletown called me to tell me what happened.

My friends fiance is a nurse and she got called in to work, and they are requesting all ambulances that are availible.

I am a power plant employee (not there) and a few people from my plant left to work there. Pretty tough thing for me to think about right now, I pray that them and everyone else involved makes it out ok
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig
                    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

the plant is still under contruction, the news said that they were running gas blows through the line to test it and get it ready for operation. the explosion leveled the 2+ story building that it was in or near.

i live in cromwell, we felt it and saw the smoke from it, from our back yard
                      -Ryan

Rigs:
                      07 Toyota Tacoma, 4.0L V6, 6spd Man., 3" Susp. Lift on 33x11.5" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Plenty of Light and Exhaust mods too - SOLD IT!!
                      94 Toyota Pickup/w'93 yota body, 3.0L V6, 5spd Man., Body swapped, Removeable Doors, Rear Locker, 36x13-16 Bias TSLs on 16x7" steel wheels, rock sliders, Custom bed and start of Roll Cage

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                        My friends fiance is a nurse and she got called in to work, and they are requesting all ambulances that are availible.
                        The news said they are getting Ambulances from New Jersey. Doesn't much make sense to me, but damn!

Comment

i guess what happened was there was a gas leak on the bottom level and welders on the second level , thats your deadly combo!

Comment

damn...
                            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

my grandmother lives only a couple of miles away from the plant and she had called my mother to tell her and she said it felt like a small earthquake. the house shook pretty good according to her. if it means anything to tell how close she was, she lives on 76 limbert st.
                              1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
                              .,=====o00o ______________
                              //___l__,\____\,___ ____
                              l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
                              _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                              X