No announcement yet.

got my emissions tested today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the bad news is when you fail but still register it, dmv gives a certain amount of time for you to have it pass otherwise they will suspend your registration and not even bother sending you a letter (in ct anyways). most people wont even know until they get pulled over and have the officer inform them just letting ya know.

for those of you with 95 and older vehicles, a little bit of denatured alcohol (basically ethanol) in your tank will bring the HC ppm down as it burns hotter and cleaner then reg gas.
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

One time in my S10 I got 159, limit was 160.

Should have bought a lottery ticket on the way home.

My Willys is exempt, antique for the win
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

i've only failed emissions once but that was with running open headers. knew the guy at the shop and he passed me. most of the time if i go somewhere else they hassle me about not having an exhaust exiting below the bumper instead of dumping after the axle. fuckers
        94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
        3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Ive never had an issue with emissions but i have deff passed when nothing was supposed to be sterrt legal about my XJ and my Exhaust on my WK is 100% Illegal.
          Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

I'm just gunna torch my jeep. end of story.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
              the bad news is when you fail but still register it, dmv gives a certain amount of time for you to have it pass otherwise they will suspend your registration and not even bother sending you a letter (in ct anyways). most people wont even know until they get pulled over and have the officer inform them just letting ya know.

for those of you with 95 and older vehicles, a little bit of denatured alcohol (basically ethanol) in your tank will bring the HC ppm down as it burns hotter and cleaner then reg gas.
              how much alcohol?
              Originally posted by XJLI
              never say, or think, that your jeep is running good.

ever.
              ^known from experience on more than one occasion

99 cherokee- 31s on 2"-ish, teraflex disc conversion
              eh that's all at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by whitekee99 View Post
                how much alcohol?
                roughly 1 qt for a full tank of gas is safe. you really cant put to much (within reason), it will just raise the octane of your gas and burn in the engine hotter and cleaner. i'd do like 1/4 tank of gas and 1/4-1/2 quart denatured alcohol (not rubbing alcohol!) as you dont want the stuff in your tank/lines for long time(it will eat away at rubber lines/etc)
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold
                99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Tweaked the jeep and passed the other day. Sweet.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                  X