Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financing a computer. Anyone ever done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
    These offers are usually for "qualified buyers" aka having good credit history
    & terminally ill people
    99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
    http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

i already gave you my .02 about secure credit cards
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

oh forgot i wanted to use this
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

lawl

cant run final cut pro on my PC

yes i know its "possible" but you guys lol
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

buy the mac yet?
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
              These offers are usually for "qualified buyers" aka having good credit history
              ive had interest free the first time i bought my computer and more recently when i bought my canon

Comment

i thought we had a long conversation about this william?
                You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                  i thought we had a long conversation about this william?
                  we did but i forgot a lot of it

plus youre at king of the kandahar right now
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Hey Will, I read your original post, and didn't go on to reading the next few pages, but the computer I am on right now (Dell Inspiron Laptop) is financed through Best Buy. I am actually still paying for it! You have to get their card and when you buy an item over $500 they give you 18 months to pay it back with no interest charges. However if it is not payed off in 18 months I think they whack you with all the interest from the purchase date. The minimum payment is $10 a month, I figure out if I pay $50 a month it will be payed off in 18 months. I did it to build credit.
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig
                    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                      I really want/need to finance a new quad core imac soonish i think.

Problem is, ive never really done something like this before. Is there a benefit to using a retailer, such as say, best buy? as opposed to apple direct? (forgive me if this is retarded, i am fawking clueless)

has anyone used them before for this purpose? I know Mike has...

with that said, i will likely be denied as i have little credit, but i can use one of my parents as a go-through probably if i need to.....i think
                      What are you using this computer for? Video editing, ect?

Also, what is your need for a new box? Are you bogging down too much during video processing or rendering?

I don't know...I would be wary about financing a computer that will be relatively obsolete in 2-3 years.
                      You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
                        What are you using this computer for? Video editing, ect?

Also, what is your need for a new box? Are you bogging down too much during video processing or rendering?

I don't know...I would be wary about financing a computer that will be relatively obsolete in 2-3 years.
                        Video editing solely, and because you cant run Final Cut Pro 7 on anything but an intel based chip Mac, which are the brand new ones
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Video editing solely, and because you cant run Final Cut Pro 7 on anything but an intel based chip Mac, which are the brand new ones
                          Ahh I see. I'm not giving you a hard time I'm just curious here. I have always seen A/V processing and workstation laptops as too much of a compromise. You pay such a premium for them to cram all that computing power into a portable device. Why not get a desktop and save some money? or do you feel the need to edit when you're out and about is significant enough to warrant the extra cost?

Also, what model/specs mac are you looking at and how much is it?
                          You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
                            Ahh I see. I'm not giving you a hard time I'm just curious here. I have always seen A/V processing and workstation laptops as too much of a compromise. You pay such a premium for them to cram all that computing power into a portable device. Why not get a desktop and save some money? or do you feel the need to edit when you're out and about is significant enough to warrant the extra cost?

Also, what model/specs mac are you looking at and how much is it?
                            oh it isnt a laptop lol...

this is what im shooting for in this thread:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...co=MTAyNTQzNjA

the 27" quad core one at the end

what i TRULY want is a Mac Pro desktop, but its 17 quadrillion dollars
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

oh it isnt a laptop lol...

this is what im shooting for in this thread:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...co=MTAyNTQzNjA

the 27" quad core one at the end

what i TRULY want is a Mac Pro desktop, but its 17 quadrillion dollars
                              Ha ha, then check this out:

My boss just informed me that they are getting me a sick workstation to do large assembly modeling and dynamic simulation incorporating FEA using Autodesk Inventor 11 Professional Suite (cost for 1 seat: $7,500 ).

It's a Dell Precision T5500 with 2 Quad Core Xeon E5520's and a 1 GB Quadro FX3800, with 3 H/D's in a RAID config.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/d...00&s=bsd&cs=04

It won't technically be mine, but it should still be wonderful to work on compared to what I've used in the past.

That looks like a really nice Mac. Would you be staying with the base config.?
                              You're a ___________

Comment

Working...
                              X