No announcement yet.

Project Greenside.....A study of sorts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it a lot and now can't wait for the movie.

In related news:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaL_xfg78D0&NR=1[/ame]
    -Matt
    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
      I liked it a lot and now can't wait for the movie.

In related news:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaL_xfg78D0&NR=1
      Great, thanks for leaking my film in advance.
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        well if ya want me to really critique it

first time i saw it i began reading the phrases and got a little pissed off when it zoomed into a couple choice words
        They call that 'Being Retarded'.

If anything, those words are on the screen too long.

This is a mild form of Viral Marketing, where the message is broken up, but can be easily interpreted.

A heavier form of Viral Marketing is stuff like 'Ilovebees.com' if anyone can remember that.

IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE FAST. IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE ILLEGIBLE. IT'S SUPPOSE TO APPEAL TO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T YOU PEOPLE.

Why would this video be directed exclusively to the ORV community? So we can preach to the fucking choir? This needs to extend beyond the boundaries of the ORV community to get the message of the video out.
        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          They call that 'Being Retarded'.

If anything, those words are on the screen too long.

This is a mild form of Viral Marketing, where the message is broken up, but can be easily interpreted.

A heavier form of Viral Marketing is stuff like 'Ilovebees.com' if anyone can remember that.
          just pointing out my opinions. i was asked for them, so i shall give them.

so im not supposed to read them? then carry on with this method. i just think will is capable of making something that can grab my attention a little better.

for example, if this trailer was randomly posted my some random dude on some random offroad forum i frequent, i would probably forget about it relatively soon.
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
            just pointing out my opinions. i was asked for them, so i shall give them.

so im not supposed to read them? then carry on with this method. i just think will is capable of making something that can grab my attention a little better.

for example, if this trailer was randomly posted my some random dude on some random offroad forum i frequent, i would probably forget about it relatively soon.
            It's a good thing the OP asked you to critique the video itself then rather then the entire project as a whole.
            sigpic

Comment

It's a good thing the OP asked you to critique the video itself then rather then the entire project as a whole.
              i dun dont get it

Comment

I know.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post

message is clear
                  the statements in the video were chosen well. its obviously too fast to read but the important words stand out and leave u trying to put the pieces together leaving a lasting impression. very well done
                  this is exactly how I felt too.
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I know.
                    esplain?

did i critique the project as a whole somewhere? and is that your sarcastic reply?

Comment

what matt said is EXACTLY how i wanted this to come across, he nailed it like a cheap hooker in vegas on a friday night in the month of july...

but aside from that like i said, as long as people get the purpose, im happy with that...people will love or hate viral shit like this...that was super evident in cloverfield marketing and all similar...

on the flipside, here is an experiment...

The way i created the trailer was edit a basic video like i normally would for an HMC trailer, with the intent of cutting it up and making it all distorted like i did..that way itd be more of a genuine sense of distortion instead of me piecing together one that way, if you get what i mean

Here is the original trailer i made for the purpose of being cut up...what is your opinion on this? (the fucking bastards on youtube disabled my audio in it the second it went up due to "copyrights", so i uploaded it to my server)

http://files.heavymetalconcepts.com/ProjectGeenside.wmv
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Best advise i can give you is give this number a call 717-360-1964 ask for Dean he is out of Shippensburg, PA he would be able to help you make it awesome.

In all honesty it bored me needs more explosions and boobs
                        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

it reminds me very much of the droid ad for some reason...i can't really explain much because i gotta run out to work but when i get home tonight i will def post up more...
                          mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                          and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                            it reminds me very much of the droid ad for some reason...i can't really explain much because i gotta run out to work but when i get home tonight i will def post up more...
                            DROID. the viral advert they did the for droid before its launch is EXACTLY what this is.

i dont know how i overlooked that as an example..i personally love their marketing and slogan for it
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                              what matt said is EXACTLY how i wanted this to come across, he nailed it like a cheap hooker in vegas on a friday night in the month of july...

but aside from that like i said, as long as people get the purpose, im happy with that...people will love or hate viral shit like this...that was super evident in cloverfield marketing and all similar...

on the flipside, here is an experiment...

The way i created the trailer was edit a basic video like i normally would for an HMC trailer, with the intent of cutting it up and making it all distorted like i did..that way itd be more of a genuine sense of distortion instead of me piecing together one that way, if you get what i mean

Here is the original trailer i made for the purpose of being cut up...what is your opinion on this? (the fucking bastards on youtube disabled my audio in it the second it went up due to "copyrights", so i uploaded it to my server)

http://files.heavymetalconcepts.com/ProjectGeenside.wmv
                              ya know, I think I may have liked that one better. It makes things a lot clearer and seems to tell a little more about what you are doing. It seems more like a movie ad
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I actually liked the 2nd one better. But this argument can go either way. The 1st one would be great for someone who is not from the offroad community since it would kind of leave them guessing on what it is about making them want to see more/ do research on it. The second one is pretty clear and straight to the point which is what i like but then some people would be like "im not seeing a movie about some ignant rednecks and their boggers" But i am not a fan of the viral marketing or the America/ army fuck yea marketing. Also too much stt in the header
                                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                                2001 wj tbd
                                1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                                X