Opinions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    their website needs HMCs help..maybe ill tell them to keep one of their own business cards they make for us.
    I jes clicked on a random one google gave me. Search of lenticular business cards will give you tons of sites.
    99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
    http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
      Those 90 mikes might one day in the future run into someobody that requires Wills services as well and because they have a card that stood up to the test of time, they can say HEY i have this sweet card I got, try this dude out?
      true, those 90 mikes might have the card in their wallet or whatever, and might pass it on to someone else, but how many of those mikes will actually meet someone who requires the service? Lets just say 1/3 , so 30. Of the 30 people , another 1/3 goes on to buy something. So 17 people of the original 100 cards will have bought something, still putting the cards at 5 a pop.

Just saying. Its not like 90 mikes are gonna give out their plastic card, and 90 people will then go on to buy something. I was just making the reference to "mikes" as a casual passer byer who sees the stand , sees your posters or whatever, and just grabs a card for the hell of it.

Comment

Get both. Use plastic card for those who plan to hold onto that card for a while and get paper cards for events. If people care about your business, they will hold onto the card. Plastic lasts, so as I said, give it to the people who you absolutely know will need that number and get back to you. At events, you hand out paper ones to everyone, cheaper to produce and you don't worry if they get destroyed.

I have a box of paper cards, you destroy one I'll give you 5 more.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          Get both. Use plastic card for those who plan to hold onto that card for a while and get paper cards for events. If people care about your business, they will hold onto the card. Plastic lasts, so as I said, give it to the people who you absolutely know will need that number and get back to you. At events, you hand out paper ones to everyone, cheaper to produce and you don't worry if they get destroyed.

I have a box of paper cards, you destroy one I'll give you 5 more.
          this is kinda what im starting to lean towards...

i think both will cater to the best of both worlds, plastic for the realistic customers, paper for the casual passer by at random events....

i know im guilty of takin cards at events just for shits n grins and sometimes never even lookin at it again

typically if someone is really interested, they will open discussion at the event and then i can slip them the plastic card
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

i know im guilty of takin cards at events just for shits n grins and sometimes never even lookin at it again
            everybody is.

This may be fucked up, but i went to a local computer store the other day, to buy an HDMI cable. Good prices, good service. I asked for a business card, so i could have his phone number for the future. He gave me a stack of 50 cards and told me to pass them out to my friends and co workers.

Fuck that, im not your mobile advertising agent. I took 49 of those business cards and put them in the trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              everybody is.

This may be fucked up, but i went to a local computer store the other day, to buy an HDMI cable. Good prices, good service. I asked for a business card, so i could have his phone number for the future. He gave me a stack of 50 cards and told me to pass them out to my friends and co workers.

Fuck that, im not your mobile advertising agent. I took 49 of those business cards and put them in the trash.
              i dont think thats fucked up of you..kind of a cheap gesture by the guy IMO
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

cost difference?
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                  cost difference?
                  waiting on a price quote for plastic

i am getting 500 paper stock prints for ~30 through pirate
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

waiting on a price quote for plastic

i am getting 500 paper stock prints for ~30 through pirate
                    i think that is a factor.. but i would agree plastic for "high profile" potential customers and paper to just pass around
                    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      true, those 90 mikes might have the card in their wallet or whatever, and might pass it on to someone else, but how many of those mikes will actually meet someone who requires the service? Lets just say 1/3 , so 30. Of the 30 people , another 1/3 goes on to buy something. So 17 people of the original 100 cards will have bought something, still putting the cards at 5 a pop.

Just saying. Its not like 90 mikes are gonna give out their plastic card, and 90 people will then go on to buy something. I was just making the reference to "mikes" as a casual passer byer who sees the stand , sees your posters or whatever, and just grabs a card for the hell of it.
                      even at 17 Mikes getting services done with a cost at $5 a card, the return is still great.

The only reason this really interest me is because we keep talking as what I picture is a bunch of little mikes with cards and its funny to me.
                      You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Stick with paper.. costs less, you can write on them, they are more adaptable.. you can staple them, they aren't bulky, and they are standard. Being original and "different" aren't necessary through business cards. What's going to actually bring you in business won't be what your card is printed on, it'll be word of mouth and passing the card on.

Comment

I think Mike makes a very good point. And you guys should definitely go with the paper and plastic combo.
                          Ryan
                          2013 Wrangler

Comment

thanks for the opinions so far everyone
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Hawky Clause View Post
                              Being original and "different" aren't necessary through business cards. What's going to actually bring you in business won't be what your card is printed on, it'll be word of mouth and passing the card on.
                              Thats not always true, I had a Business card once from a vendor. The card was so different and original I have had that card for 4 years now, using him several times. If that card was just like any other card I would of just thrown it out like the rest of them, instead it was such an amazing design I kept it to show to everyone.

Some people like creativity and respect it, where others dont.
                              You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

get longarms
                                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X