No announcement yet.

suzuki samurai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and btw evan the size of the ring gear isn't whats important its the contact patch between the ring and the pinion, of you have a super low or high ring and pinion you have a bigger contact patch which will be stronger than standard for example a 9" gearset is just as strong if not stronger than a 60 cuz it has a greater contact patch because the pinion is supa low

Comment

I had 5:38's in my Yota truggy with 38's and I used to abuse the fawk out of the truck, clutch dumps on the pavement all the time! Yota axles are STRONG!!!!!!

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
      OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

What's the white pickup in the background? Yours?
        HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
        OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Nah not mine, its a 80's 250 frame with a built 428 i believe with a fiberglass f 150 body trophy truck style it was pretty sweet tho and the guy said its around 750 hp... the place i bought the sami was like half offroad speed shop and a toyota shop

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
            and btw evan the size of the ring gear isn't whats important its the contact patch between the ring and the pinion, of you have a super low or high ring and pinion you have a bigger contact patch which will be stronger than standard for example a 9" gearset is just as strong if not stronger than a 60 cuz it has a greater contact patch because the pinion is supa low
            So, if you customize a D35 to take D60 axleshafts and throw on a set of 37" tires, the gears won't explode as long as the contact patch between the ring gear and the pinion gear is good to go?
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              So, if you customize a D35 to take D60 axleshafts and throw on a set of 37" tires, the gears won't explode as long as the contact patch between the ring gear and the pinion gear is good to go?
              yes
              2 tj's
              3 yj's
              2 xj's
              i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                tell that to jeff valentine

smaller-than-stock-XJ ring gears are not so cool
                im not sure what his deal was but tons of yota guys run them on 40" tires
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

its how the gearset is made to contact, not resulting from the final gear setup process.

in general yes a larger ring and pinion will be stronger, but also a lower pinion making contact with more of the ring gear will also be stronger
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                    its how the gearset is made to contact, not resulting from the final gear setup process.

in general yes a larger ring and pinion will be stronger, but also a lower pinion making contact with more of the ring gear will also be stronger
                    So then why the fuck did Valentine nuke 2-3 sets of gears OFF the trail?

...And 'because he fails' isn't a valid excuse because we already know this.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

god sensed he would sell his jeep for a road car
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Thank you sam that is what i was trying to say i thought i did a good job saying it but i guess not

Comment

told ya to get a sami
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

So then why the fuck did Valentine nuke 2-3 sets of gears OFF the trail?

...And 'because he fails' isn't a valid excuse because we already know this.
                            the guy settin them up could suck at life.

or his pinion was rotated so much the pinion bearings couldnt get lubricated properly (lotsa lift on a tj= rotated housing)
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

And i did lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                                the guy settin them up could suck at life.
                                Rock Hard Offroad
                                99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                                http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Working...
                                X