uHaul trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uHaul trailer

I just rented a Uhaul trailer from july 31 - aug 3rd (OER II) for $138 I wanted to buy a trailer but i have had to much crap come up recently so i guess this will do for now. i do intend to buy one soon.

doesn't seem that bad of a price to me. anyone ever use one of there trailers b4? anything i should know?
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

i used it to tow a stock xj with my chebby 1500

no issues

they have "inertia" brakes or some shit, which are supposed to suck, but it felt fine to me.

only thing we had happen was one of the ramps fell out on the highway and we made a pretty nice spark show for a few miles before someone stopped us
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
      i used it to tow a stock xj with my chebby 1500

no issues

they have "inertia" brakes or some shit, which are supposed to suck, but it felt fine to me.

only thing we had happen was one of the ramps fell out on the highway and we made a pretty nice spark show for a few miles before someone stopped us
      like the hitch compresses when the truck stops and pushes a master cylinder or something? anyways i guess thats good because i dont have to go out and buy/wire up a electric brake controller.

sam do you remember if the trailer had a 4-pin or 7-pin harness and whats the ball size?
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

WoW... that sounds like a helluva good price.
        99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
        http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
          WoW... that sounds like a helluva good price.
          that's what i said! fuck-it Im not going to argue

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post

sam do you remember if the trailer had a 4-pin or 7-pin harness and whats the ball size?
            i couldn't tell ya

don't remember
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

i rented one for my jeep once. it was a 4 pin connector, 2 inch ball.

the provided straps will not fit over your tires so use your own tie downs. also center the jeep best as possible to limit the tongue weight. these things are made for small cars but your TJ should tow just dandy
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                i rented one for my jeep once. it was a 4 pin connector, 2 inch ball.

the provided straps will not fit over your tires so use your own tie downs. also center the jeep best as possible to limit the tongue weight. these things are made for small cars but your TJ should tow just dandy
                danks

Comment

U-haul trailers aren't bad, they tow/track decent! You'll be fine! Usually a 2" or 2 5/6"
                  HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                  OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Put the Jeep more forward then rear on the trailer. More tongue weight is better otherwise you might end up jack-knifed across 3 lanes of I-95 with your dads friends F-250 powerstroke....ask me how I know
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

when i bought my CJ-7 i rented one to pick it up. Towed from Syracuse NY, to about the Hazleton PA area, picked up the CJ and drove it all the way back same day for $50. It towed great, the inertia brake seemed to work alright, although it was hard to tell because we were pulling with an f350 power joke.

It should work out great for you, just going to need a couple of your own straps, the ones that go over the tired wont fit.
                      Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

Home depot has the best strap prices I have seen.

A little tongue weight is good

Good move, if you bought a used trailer, who knows what kind of problems you could have had with it. I borrowed a trailer to go to RC last year and I wound up having to do about 6 hours worth of work to it 2 days before I left.
                        1950 Willys Trail Rig
                        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

4 flat connector 2" ball. They will some times put up a stink if you are towing a jeep, so i always tell them im towing a civic or something along those lines. Used one to tow this surge brakes worked fine
                          Last edited by Magilla; 07-21-2009, 04:00 PM.
                          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

hey where did you get that price? i was going to do this but on their website i got a quote for $55 a day for a car trailer.
                            99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

i called uhaul directly

Comment

Working...
                              X