trucks... what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
    the fuel economy is kindof offset by diesel prices though, amirite?
    Diesel is cheaper than gas lately, hopefully will stay that way.
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
      Diesel is cheaper than gas lately, hopefully will stay that way.
      really? hmm, never would have guessed that...

i remember back when fuel prices were stupid high my brother was paying something like $4.something a gallon

Comment

i agree with dan, find a 96-98 chevy with the 5.7 vortec, or find a little newer one with the 5.3. you can tow a jeep and trailer fine with them
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by 88xjchief View Post
          A customer at work bought a 2009 dodge crew cab dually for $18000 brand new. Thats a steal. You can find great deals on new trucks now.
          Holy shit. Maybe I'll go buy a new truck for that price
          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

A customer at work bought a 2009 dodge crew cab dually for $18000 brand new. Thats a steal. You can find great deals on new trucks now.
            I am calling bullshit on that. Those trucks start at just under $42,000. You are really going to tell me that they are taking over half off of the truck's sticker price?
            Last edited by Krazors001; 06-13-2009, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Thats what I said until I saw the paperwork. The dealership was closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
                I am calling bullshit on that. Those trucks start at just under $42,000. You are really going to tell me that they are taking over half off of the truck's sticker price?

you forget who bad the economy is and how noone is laying down 42,000 on a truck that people know only take like 20,000 or less for them to make
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

dana if your going for a chevy, get the 5.3L, it gets the same mileage as the 4.8L even though it has more power, it works less to keep the truck moving.

If your really picky, try and find a used chevy 1500HD. Its a extended cab chevy 1500 with 6.0L v8, 4L80e tranny, beefier frame and 8 lug axles. Basically a 2500 without the stiff suspension. would be a fun toy and tow rig/dump runner at the same time
                  up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                  eliminator MJ - Sold
                  99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                  Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                    If your really picky, try and find a used chevy 1500HD. Its a extended cab chevy 1500 with 6.0L v8, 4L80e tranny, beefier frame and 8 lug axles. Basically a 2500 without the stiff suspension. would be a fun toy and tow rig/dump runner at the same time
                    I love this truck. My mom's cousin used to have one of these that was a crew cab I wanted to steal

Comment

I want this to be my daily driver.

And my boss is buying one soon that i'll get to drive.

Comment

8 ton towing capacity and 15mpg average, oh yea plenty of room for your buddies too

ill take the armor plated version
                        Last edited by 1cleantj; 06-13-2009, 11:34 PM.
                        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                        eliminator MJ - Sold
                        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-PROCOMPSSSSS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 04WranglerX View Post
                            I want this to be my daily driver.

And my boss is buying one soon that i'll get to drive.
                            Ive driven a C5500 rack body. Its a pretty big truck. Ide daily drive it.

Comment

Ive driven a C5500 rack body. Its a pretty big truck. Ide daily drive it.
                              def soo sick. my friend is a tire repair guy and has that truck for work. so sick to drive. he drives it like a maniac too
                              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

This came into my work a few weeks ago. Its a C6500. It used to be a oil truck before. He made the extended cab himself. To make the truck stop normally there is 3000lb of concrete under the bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X