• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a stock 44 shaft. PM me if interested
    05 Black Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
      fuck AAA, that's a good story. Welcome to the beauty of life.
      whys that? saved me on a few moab trips

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
        i gave you a few extras.... they no work?
        Not when they're 100 miles away in a shed. Lesson learned. On my way back up to Vermont i stopped at a NAPA somewhere between Millerton NY and Berlin NY and it was the best parts store i've ever been in.

The store front was incredibly small, but the inventory they had was incredible. Probably 5,000+ sq. feet of parts from the floor to the ceiling. Bought four more bearings and oil seals for D44 shafts and was on my way.

The only reason i don't have AAA is because i normally don't travel more than 20 miles from my house in any direction with the jeep. I think i might invest in it now though.

Anyways shit was . We were in a USPS parking lot from 5pm Thursday to 1pm Friday. The first night nobody gave us any shit. Nobody stopped, no cops, no nothing. Fucking ghost town (except for the stellar Stewards across the street. Those sandwiches are something else.)

First guy that gave us any shit was some guy at the post office at about 8am. Complained we were ruining the parking lot and wanted the jeep out of there immediately. I told him we had a tow truck coming to tow it in 5 minutes. (total shit.) I fell back asleep and was awoken by the guy who took us to his junkyard and offered us anything we needed. (I'm still contemplating borrowing my dads truck and a trailer and going back to this guys place and getting mad 8.25s, driveshafts, etc etc for mad cheap.)

Ended up back in the USPS parking lot around noon, and the same dickhead from earlier comes out and goes "Its been a long 5 minutes boys". I damn near died laughing. We just slammed the axle shaft back in, tightened the retainer nuts, added some more diff fluid and romped it home.

Oh, and nobody had a 9/16" hex head to remove the fill plug for my diff cover so some creative thinking on my end solved that. Took a 3/8" bolt with a 9/16" head and tightened two nuts onto it in opposite directions. Put the head of the bolt in the hex cap on the fill plug and used an 11/16" wrench on the nuts to spin the fill plug out. Worked perfect.

Pictures.

Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

Working...
        X