Any Ruger owners in here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^

That's great, lol. I've been decently accurate with mine at 100 yards with iron sights. Definitely not going to win any competitions, but every shot hits a 12" target, and the groupings are usually not bad. I refuse to add a scope because if I wanted precise shooting, I would have bought something else. This is going to be my iron sight gun. The way I see it though, if a 12" target can be hit at 100 yards, thats a kill shot in my mind.
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
      ^^

That's great, lol. I've been decently accurate with mine at 100 yards with iron sights. Definitely not going to win any competitions, but every shot hits a 12" target, and the groupings are usually not bad. I refuse to add a scope because if I wanted precise shooting, I would have bought something else. This is going to be my iron sight gun. The way I see it though, if a 12" target can be hit at 100 yards, thats a kill shot in my mind.
      The new Ruger Mini-14 sights are much better than the older style sights, which is what that picture makes fun of. They are easily some of the worst sights to ever be on a 223 rifle and it's honestly the reason why mine just sits and gathers dust.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        The new Ruger Mini-14 sights are much better than the older style sights, which is what that picture makes fun of. They are easily some of the worst sights to ever be on a 223 rifle and it's honestly the reason why mine just sits and gathers dust.
        I've heard the horrors of the old style sights. The new style is much better but still not great. I plan on buying an aftermarket "Tech Sights" rear ghost ring sight that is supposed to be worlds better and easier to adjust, since it has click style knobs. That, and the fact that it has a smaller peep hole make it much better for longer distance shots.
        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
          I've heard the horrors of the old style sights. The new style is much better but still not great. I plan on buying an aftermarket "Tech Sights" rear ghost ring sight that is supposed to be worlds better and easier to adjust, since it has click style knobs. That, and the fact that it has a smaller peep hole make it much better for longer distance shots.
          The problem is that the front sight isn't adjustable at all, regardless of the generation of Minis.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

my pops just ordered a smith and wesson m&p 15-22, and this nice little pocket ruger

Comment

I just picked up the big brother to the lcp ^^^ the lc9. Like it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by StompJrKz400 View Post
                my pops just ordered a smith and wesson m&p 15-22, and this nice little pocket ruger

A buddy of mine has the M&P 15-22. That thing is so fun to take out and blast cans, bottles, and whatever else you can shoot at. Definitely the most realistic AR style .22 replica made at the moment.

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                I just picked up the big brother to the lcp ^^^ the lc9. Like it so far.
                I don't even own a pistol yet, even though I've had my CC permit for over a year now. I need to do my homework and pick something up!

Comment

Thanks ricky, im looking forward to shootig it, almost got the mosburg ar 15 22 platform, but the m&p has killer reviews,

Comment

Originally posted by StompJrKz400 View Post
                    Thanks ricky, im looking forward to shootig it, almost got the mosburg ar 15 22 platform, but the m&p has killer reviews,
                    I've seen the mosburg...it looks like a big plastic POS, just like most of the other guns they make LOL. Good choice on the M&P.

Comment

yup i have a 702 plinkster, think it was 79 bucks new, and the ar version is the same gun, with a plastiic casing on the outside of it.

but my mosy plinkster has been one of the funnest and most reliable guns ive ever owned!

its a toss up with most of there guns because there made in like Brazil or something

Comment

I just put together a 10/22 with the archangel stock and .920 barrel.I'll post up some pics of it soon.

Comment

Here are the pics of the whole conversion.

Comment

That archangel 10/22 is pretty slick what's that conversion run ($$$) if you don't mind me asking?
                            https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
                            https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
                            94,95,97 ZJ~SOLD 97,97 TJ~SOLD 00' F350~SOLD

Comment

The kit was $130.The tactical solutions barrel was $225,the main reason i went with that barrel was because its aluminum and really lightens up the gun,when i take my son shooting its hard for him to hold up the rifle,this made it a lot easier for him to aim.A few places make the .920 bull barrel for like $100.

Comment

That archangel setup is awesome man! I really need to get a 10/22. Theres a company that makes a thompson machine gun kit for it and it honestly looks like the real deal! I've been hooked on it since I saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X