Any Ruger owners in here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ruger owners in here??

Guns are one of my favorite hobbies, like most other guys that consider themselves men. Picked this baby up a few days after the sandy hook incident. I had been wanting one for a long time and like with everything else I buy, I was procrastinating about spending the money. Well when the shit hit the fan, I headed over to Hoffman's guns and low and behold, this was their last one. They even screwed up and gave it to me for $150 under their sticker price, but I didn't complain.

It's a ruger mini 30 tactical. 7.62x39. Only mods are the butler creek stock and a few spare 20 round mags. Thing is a blast to shoot! Anybody else a ruger owner on here?

2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

guns are bad.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Lol that gun is illegal in CT.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
        guns are bad.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
          guns are bad.
          Obama has been telling me the same thing!

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          Lol that gun is illegal in CT.
          The stock is pinned...
          2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post

The stock is pinned...
            But the flash hider at the end of the barrel is still a flash hider.
            sigpic

Comment

-Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I'm honestly stumped by CT's logic here. Box stock, this gun had the flash hider and a removable magazine. I bought the gun at a well know shop in CT. The stock was purchased from cabelas, also in CT. Yet when you combine the two, it suddenly becomes illegal?? No comprende

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
                  I'm honestly stumped by CT's logic here. Box stock, this gun had the flash hider and a removable magazine. I bought the gun at a well know shop in CT. The stock was purchased from cabelas, also in CT. Yet when you combine the two, it suddenly becomes illegal?? No comprende
                  No need to comprehend, that's the law.

You can only have 2 'evil' features on your firearm, collapsible or telescoping stock, bayonet lug, threads that accept a flash hider or silencer, pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon and the ability to accept a detachable box magazine.

You have 3 of those features.

You purchased a gun legally and it is legal to purchase that stock, though, when you combine those two, you have created, by state definition, an 'assault weapon'.
                  Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL at "evil features."

The flash hider is permanently fixed to the barrel...I thought I remembered hearing that if that was the case, technically it didn't get classified as a "real" flash hider?

Either way, I have the original synthetic stock if the need arises to put it back on.

What really gets me is that CT hates collapsible/folding stocks, yet I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that thing folded up...

Murrica

Comment

The flash hider can be removed, but honestly, you're better off just putting the gun back into its original stock....

It'll look better anyway...

As for me, I actually do own a Preban Ruger Mini-14 and a Ruger Blackhawk with a 45 Colt and a 45 ACP cylinder.

I was never a huge wheelgun fan, but this Blackhawk was one deal I couldn't pass up, and it shares ammunition with 2 other guns I have, so...

sigpic

Comment

The flash hider can be removed, but honestly, you're better off just putting the gun back into its original stock....

It'll look better anyway...

As for me, I actually do own a Preban Ruger Mini-14 and a Ruger Blackhawk with a 45 Colt and a 45 ACP cylinder.

I was never a huge wheelgun fan, but this Blackhawk was one deal I couldn't pass up, and it shares ammunition with 2 other guns I have, so...

that is absolutely beautiful....my pops has the plain jane blackhawk...chambered in .41 Mag. simply an absolute joy to shoot, something charming about a single action wheel gun.
                        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                        https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                        I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                        -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

It was an impulse buy...direct from Ruger...factory blemish gun. $300. I couldn't pass it up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Very nice! It's funny because I used to hate revolvers myself, but they are really starting to grow on me. Same thing with lever action rifles. I used to hate them, but find myself getting closer and closer to picking up a marlin lever gun as my next purchase.

Comment

Can't he just weld the flash hider? I have welded a bunch for the AR guys around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X