Time to trade it in. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    holy shit procomp rims. there is is. You can;t escape it.

Seriously though, I doubt the Dealer is going to warranty it, and if they do, I'll be fuckin Damned.

Good luck.

Well a guy on jeepforum said he had to have his oil pump, camshaft, and oil pump shaft fixed for the same code and problem, and they did it under warranty because of the recall, so I have my frigin fingers crossed. He also had an 05 TJ by the way.

And whether pro comp is cursed or not, my rims look pretty!

Either way, I'll keep you all updated on this nightmare.
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
      you left the engine running to prevent hydrolock?

am i missin somethin here? haha
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
        Why are you blaming american cars? It is your dumbass fault for what you did.
        So the cam being soft and chewing up the oil pump gear is my fault for idling it in a mud hole? I think not. That is a shitty manufacturer problem. Yea, trashed sensors or the radiator and fan clutch were me, but not a soft cam. The god damn cams were fine since the 80's, why did they have to change the material?

And technically it's my fault for getting stuck in a mud pit, but it would have been nice to know some jackass hillbilly ripped it up the week before. That was the crossing spot! I had no clue it was that deep.
        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          you left the engine running to prevent hydrolock?

am i missin somethin here? haha
          The airbox wasn't under, but the entire exhaust was, and I didn't want water to travel up the exhaust.

Comment

so this code magically appeared at the same time you fucked up everything else?

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
              so this code magically appeared at the same time you fucked up everything else?
              The code appeared the day after, after I power washed the entire engine bay and jeep. Not sure if it's related, but it drove fine leaving the mud pit after I got pulled out. Needless to say, there was a recall for soft cams in 05, so I'm assuming I'm fucked.

Comment

i bet if your control arms were solid this wouldn't of happened

Comment

why are you blaming it on the cam.... you said the airbox was full of mud.... therefore muddy water gets sucked through...

ever try to compress water before....

prolly put too much stress on something... and there ya go...
                  i think there are plenty of other 05 tjs out there that have the same cam and do just fine.....
                  Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                  some people choose video games
                  some choose projects
                  some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
                    So the cam being soft and chewing up the oil pump gear is my fault for idling it in a mud hole? I think not. That is a shitty manufacturer problem. Yea, trashed sensors or the radiator and fan clutch were me, but not a soft cam. The god damn cams were fine since the 80's, why did they have to change the material?

And technically it's my fault for getting stuck in a mud pit, but it would have been nice to know some jackass hillbilly ripped it up the week before. That was the crossing spot! I had no clue it was that deep.
                    So how is 0psi oil pressure at idle and oil pressure at "not idle" automatically equal broken cam gears? sounds to me like you got water in your sending unit or something. If your cam gears are broken engine RPM wont change your oil pressure
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

did you check the color of your oil???
                      MILKY???
                      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                      some people choose video games
                      some choose projects
                      some choose welding random things together

Comment

If you want to blame American cars then go wheel a CRV
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

That sucks dude.
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

The oil is fine. I checked it and the level is fine as well as the oil. I'm very mechanically inclined so I have checked all the obvious things. I though it could be a bad sensor, but how does all this happen at once, but not be the cam? No oil pressure at idle, and the code P0016? It would be one thing if I had one or the other, but having both simultaneously point to the cam.

As far as sucking water in, the filter had blotches of mud spots on it so I'm sure the fan kicked a little bit of crap in there but the airbox wasn't FULL of mud.

Oil pan isn't dented or anything either which may cause little oil pressure at idle. The motor wasn't making any funny noises or anything of an indication of something being wrong the entire time. It ran smooth, and still does. Thats why this has me so stumped. Like I said, I will keep my fingers crossed, but IF it is the cam, I will be pissed.

And ninety six xj, I LOVE american cars

LOVE

I have never owned anything besides american my entire life, but I am saying just recently with the 2 newer vehicles I've owned, all I have had were problems, yet all the 80's ones I had with 5 million miles drove fine.

Comment

Under much scrutiny, this thread was moved from Tech to Shenanigans.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                                Under much scrutiny, this thread was moved from Tech to Shenanigans.
                                I plan on updating it though on what it turns out to be....may prove helpful in the tech bored. Your call though.

Comment

Working...
                                X