Time to trade it in. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
    I plan on updating it though on what it turns out to be....may prove helpful in the tech bored. Your call though.
    We shall see.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Oh darn, that's awful! Best of luck on everything.
      "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

thats really weird that your cam isnt playing nice. is it making noise? i have a feeling its electrical. tjs hate getting wet.

change all your shit, make sure you didnt crimp your exhaust closed and that your cat isnt clogged and let everything dry out. disco the battery to reset the comp and see what happens.
        winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

I figured that american car comment was said since you were so heated. Sorry to hear that your Jeep isn't doing too well right now. Let me know if you need help, I should be in CT the next few weekends.
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Shit blows, mud sucks, if you do your cam and need an engine hoist you could borrow mine, but hopefully the dealership will swallow the cost
            dirty30

Comment

a camshaft is like 100 bucks. if thats all it is you shouldn't be out of the wheeling game.
              Originally posted by Fast Orange
              if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

If everyone is done pointing fingers between driver and manufacturing error, and wouldnt mind pulling scrunched panties outta their asses, I might make a suggestion.

Just drive the fucker.

I got money that says its still just wet. ask me how i know.

After i sunk mine, the engine didnt run right for a while after, codes started popping up all over the place, the clutch had a shitload of mud inside, making it stick in the engaged or disengaged positions only, and i couldnt get the thing driving faster than 35mph or 3500 RPM the whole way home from RC.

within the last hour of the trip the engine cleared out a bit and speed and rpm went up a bit. then, after a week of driving was perfectly fine.

Tom is right tho, I would take off the cat/muffler and knock them around a bit and get the mud out. mine had clay that baked. i was pulling fucking dinner plates outta them. also change fluids and clean all the sensors that seem like they could use it. I guarentee that with driving/drying out that this problem will sort itself out. as mine did, and I know that i was getting that muddy water into the cylinders a bit before cutting the engine. i could hear/feel it. Im lucky i didnt blow my motor.

however, if it is busted, and youre as mechanically inclined as you seem to be. please recall that you drive a jeep. rather than crying about how you broke on the trail, get your ass into a junkyard, pull another 4.0 for the $100 and change they cost, and swap the fucker.

no need to get rid of a vehicle that any one of us on this board (well, maybe not Riot ) could probably fix in a weekend.

I say good luck.
                and I think your jeep is gonna make it.
                "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                  If everyone is done pointing fingers between driver and manufacturing error, and wouldnt mind pulling scrunched panties outta their asses, I might make a suggestion.

Just drive the fucker.

After i sunk mine, the engine didnt run right for a while after, codes started popping up all over the place, the clutch had a shitload of mud inside, making it stick in the engaged or disengaged positions only, and i couldnt get the thing driving faster than 35mph or 3500 RPM the whole way home from RC.

within the last hour of the trip the engine cleared out a bit and speed and rpm went up a bit. then, after a week of driving was perfectly fine.

Tom is right tho, I would take off the cat/muffler and knock them around a bit and get the mud out. mine had clay that baked. i was pulling fucking dinner plates outta them. also change fluids and clean all the sensors that seem like they could use it. I guarentee that with driving/drying out that this problem will sort itself out. as mine did, and I know that i was getting that muddy water into the cylinders a bit before cutting the engine. i could hear/feel it. Im lucky i didnt blow my motor.

however, if it is busted, and youre as mechanically inclined as you seem to be. please recall that you drive a jeep. rather than crying about how you broke on the trail, get your ass into a junkyard, pull another 4.0 for the $100 and change they cost, and swap the fucker.

no need to get rid of a vehicle that any one of us on this board (well, maybe not Riot ) could probably fix in a weekend.

I say good luck.
                  x2

Comment

My old burb stalled out in a mud pit/pond once. It was a 350 TBI and there was mud on the filter and left a ring in the air filter cover. (If you know the motor than you know that this is located on the very top of the engine) I gave it some time to dry out and I was good to go.
                    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                    1999 sierra
                    1967 M725 Big and Slow
                    -Dan

Comment

You should give me your TJ and call it a day.
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post

Just drive the fucker.

I say good luck.
                        I can see it being electrical as well since the motor runs perfect, just with no oil pressure and a service engine light glaring me in the face. I have worked on cars since I was 16, and changed my fair share of engines, and honestly, I just hate it now. I know I shouldn't be wheeling if I don't like to work on a vehicle....it's not that I can't fix it, it's that I'm so damn lazy now that all I want to do is drive it and wheel it. I get so depressed whenever I have to fix something. Why do you think my trans am has been in the garage for 3 years?

But yea, 0 PSI at idle, and as soon as I touch the gas, I get about 50 PSI, which was normal before. I'd also rather not have to change a motor with 47K on it for a junkyard one with over 100K!
                        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                          My old burb stalled out in a mud pit/pond once. It was a 350 TBI and there was mud on the filter and left a ring in the air filter cover. (If you know the motor than you know that this is located on the very top of the engine) I gave it some time to dry out and I was good to go.
                          Thats cause it was a chevy! They always run!
                          2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                            You should give me your TJ and call it a day.
                            LOL, as long as you take the 14000$ of debt with it, it's all yours

Comment

best of luck with it all, im not going to jump on the bashing bandwagon..

Comment

If it sounds fine, id bet it is fine. from what i know from all the time ive been driving my TJ, is that the guages are full of shit. haha
                                "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                                It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Working...
                                X