Time to trade it in. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to trade it in. . .

So I recently royally fucked my TJ. Didn't mean to...I actually didn't even want to go wheeling when it happened but a few buddies did, so we went to a local spot. I was driving AROUND the mud and theres a spot where it used to be a small pit to get past the big ones. Someone the week before with 38's on a chevy RIPPED the shit out of it and I sunk to my fucking rockers. After 2 XJ's linked together ripped my rear bumper off, then pulled me from the front through the shit to get me out, I found the real damage I had gotten. Here goes. . .

-Fan clutch DESTROYED
    -belt tensioner loose as a vegas prostitute
    -hole in my BRAND FUCKING NEW radiator
    -Clutch pedal is kind of hard now so I'm guessing I fucked my slave cyl.
    -Air filter was solid mud

And now it gets good. I got a check engine light and my jeep runs fine but wont go above 3500 RPMS. It's giving me a cam/crank misalignment code. Also, my oil pressure goes to 0 at idle. I did some research, and found that SHITTY FUCKING CHRYSLER used soft cams in the later years, so I possibly shredded my oil pump gears off the cam. I should have known not to buy a chrysler product, and figured jeep would be different, but no. So now with 47000 miles, I have a fucking driveway ornament. I am rip shit to say the least, and after bitching to the dealer tomorrow, I'll know whether I'm going to get rid of it or not, depending on if they give me a deal on fixing it. There was a recall on the cams in 2005, so I am praying I fall under that. Wish me luck, and if not, I may be out of the wheeling game.
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

did you have ANY procomp products on your jeep?

Comment

wow.
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        thornbirds dude. It was the BIRDS.

He puts them on, his jeep shits the bed. COINCIDENCE???

that sucks though dude. Hope you don't get out of the scene...
        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 03-29-2009, 08:36 PM.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Thornbirds.

Comment

too bad those "sick" tires wont do any "real" wheeling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              yeah the wheels.

That sucks though, I try to stay away from mud.
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

Give me your thornbirds for 10 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                  yeah the wheels.

That sucks though, I try to stay away from mud.
                  holy shit procomp rims. there is is. You can;t escape it.

Seriously though, I doubt the Dealer is going to warranty it, and if they do, I'll be fuckin Damned.

Good luck.
                  sigpic

Comment

that does suck. if all else fails get what u can for that piece and get an XJ or something cheap and keep wheelin!
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I had pro comps, and I had the thornbirds, but I blame it on half my motor being submerged, and the entire time the engine was running for fear of hydrolock. The fan KICKED SHIT EVERYWHERE. All the times I purposely beat the hell out of it mudding and wheeling, and the one time I meant to go AROUND the shit is what does it in. Un fucking believable. Words can't even explain the amount of pissed I am, and my closet has many new dents from punching it about 7 times until I almost broke my fingers. What have american cars become? I have never had so many problems until I started buying newer vehicles. I'm the last one to go support the jap economy, but c'mon....this is rediculous.

By the way a freind with a yota on 37" irocs and locked in the rear stopped dead trying to go through the same pit earlier today, so I feel a little better.
                      2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

you left the engine running to prevent hydrolock?

am i missin somethin here? haha
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Why are you blaming american cars? It is your dumbass fault for what you did.

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
                            I had pro comps, and I had the thornbirds, but I blame it on half my motor being submerged, and the entire time the engine was running for fear of hydrolock. The fan KICKED SHIT EVERYWHERE. All the times I purposely beat the hell out of it mudding and wheeling, and the one time I meant to go AROUND the shit is what does it in. Un fucking believable. Words can't even explain the amount of pissed I am, and my closet has many new dents from punching it about 7 times until I almost broke my fingers. What have american cars become? I have never had so many problems until I started buying newer vehicles. I'm the last one to go support the jap economy, but c'mon....this is rediculous.

By the way a freind with a yota on 37" irocs and locked in the rear stopped dead trying to go through the same pit earlier today, so I feel a little better.
                            I wouldn't go blaming the vehicle for your problems...There is a reason 90% of us here avoid mud and water at all costs.

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            you left the engine running to prevent hydrolock?

am i missin somethin here? haha
                            running the engine CREATES hydrolock. You turn it OFF to prevent it.
                            sigpic

Comment

If you end up trading it in. Swap the 44 with my 35
                              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X