X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halftime Show

Opinions???

I thought it was terrible.

Madonna's new song is awful. Nicki Minaj is a stupid colored freak that really needs to die. And then this whole controversy with M.I.A.

I wonder why they don't just stay with the rock acts.... They've had U2, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, etc etc

Which IMO appeal to a larger audience and age demographic, and not only that but put on a classy and talented performance. There has not been one controversy over a rock act. Hell, even give us a good country act, like Kenny Chesney.

Let Janet Jackson play and there's boobs everywhere, let M.I.A. up stage on there's fingers flying. Is it just me or is it everytime they let these pop stars and crap play, the whole thing just goes to shit.

They spend so much money making the SuperBowl a professional and world class production, but come halftime theres nicki minaj jumping around like an ape from mars. I had the same complaint, and i know ALOT of other people did as well, when they let her stupid ass play at the Victoria's Secret Fashion show.

I guess the grand question in my whole rant is, what happened to when music required someone have actual talent to be successful??
    Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 02-06-2012, 09:59 PM.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Yeah it was pretty poor, idk who makes the casting decisions at the NFL, but they aren't bright apparently.

Comment

Yeah it was pretty bad i saw dust fly out of her cuntile area when she was geting fliped
      2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
      97' zj
      2012 surbra imperza DD
      im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

I thought it was entertaining to say the least, especially in comparison to last years halftime show.

Comment

Very bad, the last bit where they had smoke at the top of the stairs the whole party I was at went "please god no" because it looked like someone else might come out and it would go on for longer.
          Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
          93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
          Eric

Comment

I didn't mind LMFAO at all.. and the slack line guy was sick...other than that, garbage
            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
            didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
            Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
            he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
            Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
            i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

I found it was better if you muted it and played red solo cup.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I watched zero of the superbowl and all the commercials, watched some of the puppy bowl though.

The next day I did have like 304283 people tell me one of my dogs were in a commercial though.

BORKED

Comment

Ehhh. It's not as if the halftime show was a bunch of new age popstars playing their first big concert. It was freakin' Madonna! Regardless of your opinion of her, she's been around for over, she's been on top of the charts, she has a huge fan base, and the things I would do that 53 year old woman are disgusting! Now that we've established that she's not just some asshole off the street like Bono. (oops) We can move on to the other acts that performed. I hate LMFAO, I am impartial towards Nicki Minaj, and I wasn't aware MIA was still relevant. I think it was nice that they added them all in the show to appeal to different groups of people, however, I think one of the "new school pop singers" would have been plenty, not all 3... Maybe they could have also put a "rocker" or someone of the sort in there to make your balls tingle.

Realistically though, the song choice was awful. This is afterall the superbowl, I feel like the only person that could portray my distaste in the matter of song choice would be Matt Pinfield, but since he's not here right now (this isn't 1999, afterall) I'll simply say she really should have done a more upbeat song like Ray Of Light. (Can I get a whatwhat for all my top40 12 year olds of the late 90's!?)

So yeah, it was a good show, it was just a bad song choice.
                  Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

If you want to see a good concert, one should unarguably go to one.

The Superbowl is a sports venue.

To think that NBC/NFL has any idea what good music is or what will please the viewers is ludicrous.

The choice to feature Madonna grabs one key audience that the Superbowl normally doesn't: old women.

BOoOoOoM. There's a few hundred thousand extra viewers.

Tack on Nicholas Minaj and Missing.In.Action and you've got the female African-American community and the Brit-house scene too.

They did it to draw in people who don't normally watch the "Super"Bowl, not to show appreciation for the die-hard football fans.
                    dirty30

Comment

"when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                        I found it was better if you muted it and played red solo cup.
                        I'd rather huff my own farts for an hour straight than listen to that song.

And fuck U2. Here's an idea, how about they have a rock group play that isn't collecting social security?
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                          I'd rather huff my own farts for an hour straight than listen to that song.

And fuck U2. Here's an idea, how about they have a rock group play that isn't collecting social security?
                          +1.

Get Bobaflex, just because their name is fucking cool.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I thought it was better than it has been in a few years now. At least it was a SHOW, not just some tired concert. I like the "show" aspect of it, and honestly, those of you that have girls, don't have girls that can do what Madonna did during that show, and she is 53yrs OLD!

All in all, it could have been a replay of last years....
                            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                            My "Bucket" Build
                            MilitaryJeepers.com
                            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                            X