Decisions Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess i am having trouble understanding what the volvo is vs the s10

was your volvo your DD? was the s10 your DD? is the volvo just an extra vehicle you are selling for ha has? what would be the purpose of a decent 3,000 dollar car if you just have an s10 already?
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
      i guess i am having trouble understanding what the volvo is vs the s10

was your volvo your DD? was the s10 your DD? is the volvo just an extra vehicle you are selling for ha has? what would be the purpose of a decent 3,000 dollar car if you just have an s10 already?
      x to the 2
      -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

Get a WJ
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

i did the stocker xj daily driver thing, it was pretty good, esp. in the winter. Only problem is i have a 75 mile commute roundtrip everyday...... the gas was killing me.

Spent $1k on a 98 toyota camry with the 4 cylinder, fixed some problems with it and i'll be honest she has treated me very well. And at 35 mpg it cut my fuel costs over half of what i was spending with the xj.

I gave up driving the camry for an 08 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi............ gas cost is back to what it was with the xj...... ohhh well. I like my truck wayyyyy more than either the camry or the little white xj that could.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

lol thank you for the response! I do have something to prove to these guys I work with...... they all think my Jeep is a POS and that I need to grow up But I am leaning towards an affordable 1/2 ton.

Jetta's are nice but I have no use for them at this point
            Last edited by snowblur17; 12-01-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblur17 View Post
              Hey! I know I have not been around here much, most of you probably don't know who i am! but never the less I am on the fence and could use some more input:

I am replacing my Volvo with something and have a hard time deciding on what to buy with the money I get out of it here are the options:

1.) use the $3000 as a down payment and take out a $10,000-$12,000 on a 2-4 year old decent vehicle: 1/2 ton chevy 4x4's are what I have been looking at.

2.) I use the $3000 plus some savings and buy a half way decent ^ what i described up there, or decent XJ with low miles.

3.) I pull my XJ out of the barn (still registered and insured) and put up to $3000 into and drive it year round, work, play everything.

Some things you should know: I have another pickup a 2wd s-10 I use every day, which I plan on keeping around. I put anywhere from 100 to a 1,000 miles on my cars WEEKLY just for business purposes, of which I recieve mileage reimbursment for.

You thoughts ?
              Option 1: In april I bought a newer truck with <25000 miles and a warranty. I still drive my crappy wrangler to work most days, but well worth the monthly payment to have the newer truck. Peace of mind, comfort, etc, great for when you have a long trip and just want to jump in and go. I never thought I would choose your option 1 a year ago, but I am really glad that I did. I guess the deciding factor is the interest rate you get and what you can afford per month. On a 12000 loan, even with a higher rate you are not going to pay a ton of interest during the life of the loan.
              1950 Willys Trail Rig
              2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

A car loan isn't necessarily "bad debt" either. As long as you make your payments on time its a good way to build credit
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by 96jeepman View Post
                  ohhhhhhh i thought he had the s-10?
                  same

Comment

Ok let me explain, I have the Volvo S40 which I have just about sold for good money , MY 2000 GMC Sonoma two wheel stock shifty four banger with 65,000 miles on it, I use this for work a lot, and I still have my 98 XJ (MEAN GREEN).

I also have a wonderful girlfriend whom drives my vehicles.

That Being said, I am ok with rocking the 'Noma thru the winter, it's a nice little truck....... it's just little and two wheel.

I am now leaning towards putting SOME of my profits into the Jeep to get it a little more comfortable... as well as a few WELL deserved upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                      Option 1: In april I bought a newer truck with <25000 miles and a warranty. I still drive my crappy wrangler to work most days, but well worth the monthly payment to have the newer truck. Peace of mind, comfort, etc, great for when you have a long trip and just want to jump in and go. I never thought I would choose your option 1 a year ago, but I am really glad that I did. I guess the deciding factor is the interest rate you get and what you can afford per month. On a 12000 loan, even with a higher rate you are not going to pay a ton of interest during the life of the loan.
                      Problem being, I have only EVER owed like $3000, for my four wheeler, it was a PAIN getting approved for even a little loan, I had to have a co-signer, put $750 down and they nailed me with a 9.5% rate I figured I would just bite the bullet and attempt to get my credit going. HAve not missed a payment yet, think I owe about $1500 still on it.

I hear you about a brand newish truck, I could really justify it with work and such, I just don't know if I can swallow a $250 + a month payment, higher insurance rates (at least doubled for me ) and another shitty interest rate

Comment

Don't do it just to get your credit up. There is no reason to get your credit up. I bought my house never having a credit card or a loan other than student loans.
                        You just need a steady job, and pay 3 bills. well that and make enough money.

My advice don't ever take out a loan for anything, just extra money you don't need to pay. If you cannot afford it well then don't buy it. House and school a little different they just cost to much to pay in off up front.

I would pay off the other loan, and save for a nice solid older truck.
                        New cars aren't any better or more reliable than an older one just newer
                        Only reason to buy a newer car is because you want a new car.
                        Older cars are cheaper to buy cheaper to fix, cheaper to insure, cheaper taxes, and you wont get killed on depreciation. I always like to look for cars when the price plateaus off.
                        My words of wisdom "You cannot have a $3000 problem in a $3000 car but you can in a $5000 car" I see those bills all the time.

I worked on a lexus last night head light alignment problem, they have a actuator to angle the headlights, so actuators computer and level sensors what happened to a toggle switch. Same with power windows they use computers now not just a toggle switch. I can go on and on.

Cars last as long as you keep fixing them, If it is solid and been maintained I wouldn't think twice about cars over 200K. I never owned a car under 100K my old BMW had 300K+ before I gave it away, my wife's car has 250k and we just drove to NC in it last month and didn't think twice. Hell my dad's K1500 just hit 300K.
                        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                          Don't do it just to get your credit up. There is no reason to get your credit up. I bought my house never having a credit card or a loan other than student loans.

My advice don't ever take out a loan for anything, just extra money you don't need to pay. If you cannot afford it well then don't buy it. House and school a little different they just cost to much to pay in off up front.

I would pay off the other loan, and save for a nice solid older truck.
                          New cars aren't any better or more reliable than an older one just newer
                          Only reason to buy a newer car is because you want a new car.
                          Older cars are cheaper to buy cheaper to fix, cheaper to insure, cheaper taxes, and you wont get killed on depreciation. I always like to look for cars when the price plateaus off.
                          My words of wisdom "You cannot have a $3000 problem in a $3000 car but you can in a $5000 car" I see those bills all the time.

I worked on a lexus last night head light alignment problem, they have a actuator to angle the headlights, so actuators computer and level sensors what happened to a toggle switch. Same with power windows they use computers now not just a toggle switch. I can go on and on.

Cars last as long as you keep fixing them, If it is solid and been maintained I wouldn't think twice about cars over 200K. I never owned a car under 100K my old BMW had 300K+ before I gave it away, my wife's car has 250k and we just drove to NC in it last month and didn't think twice. Hell my dad's K1500 just hit 300K.
                          Yup all makes pretty good sense to me...... pretty much my thoughts exactly, but in today's world CREDIT is EVERYHTING. I hate loans and debt, like you said if you can't afford it......let it sit on the lot.

I think for now I will put a few bills into my XJ and get thru the winter with that and my 'Noma. Try saving as much as possible and buy a nice solid good condition lowest mileage possible 1/2 ton Chevy as soon as the opportunity presents itself IT'S SETTLED, Now if i could just get this towel head in Atlanta GA to come get his Volvo, I would be all set

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post

Well your student loans put your credit score up. If you literally never owned a credit card or never took out a loan you have a 0 credit score. Unless you want a high mortgage a 0 isn't going to cut it. My student loans and credit card have put me into an A+ credit rating.
                            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                              Well your student loans put your credit score up. If you literally never owned a credit card or never took out a loan you have a 0 credit score. Unless you want a high mortgage a 0 isn't going to cut it. My student loans and credit card have put me into an A+ credit rating.
                              How Dare you have the Credit of A Scholar

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                                Maybe he bought his house in the era of Alt-A lending, but today what Jon says is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X