Decisions Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions Decisions

Hey! I know I have not been around here much, most of you probably don't know who i am! but never the less I am on the fence and could use some more input:

I am replacing my Volvo with something and have a hard time deciding on what to buy with the money I get out of it here are the options:

1.) use the $3000 as a down payment and take out a $10,000-$12,000 on a 2-4 year old decent vehicle: 1/2 ton chevy 4x4's are what I have been looking at.

2.) I use the $3000 plus some savings and buy a half way decent ^ what i described up there, or decent XJ with low miles.

3.) I pull my XJ out of the barn (still registered and insured) and put up to $3000 into and drive it year round, work, play everything.

Some things you should know: I have another pickup a 2wd s-10 I use every day, which I plan on keeping around. I put anywhere from 100 to a 1,000 miles on my cars WEEKLY just for business purposes, of which I recieve mileage reimbursment for.

You thoughts ?

I daily drove 3 different xj's I would rather put a gun in my mouth. You can find very decent daily drivers for three grand thY aren't xj's
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

dont DD your wheeler unless you

A. have to due to money constraints
      B. have something to prove and think youre a bad ass
      C. have little to no commute or no commitments to work attendance

option 2 all day long IMO
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

This! A tow rig would be nice though. That way you dont have to worry about getting home after potentially breaking stuff.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Xfucking2. Not DD-ing my XJ is the best mod I have ever done to the Jeep hands down.

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
          This! A tow rig would be nice though. That way you dont have to worry about getting home after potentially breaking stuff.
          Good point which is why my DD is my tow rig. Me and Will trailered my XJ to Jersey which, if done in the XJ, would have been tough but after the round trip we both felt great.
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

IMO a streetable wheelable rig is the ideal scenario. Theres nothing wrong with driving your wheeler around whenever, but relying on it for a DD when there could be other options is just retarded/pointless.

With that said, a tow rig cant be argued with, it definitely provides a huge level of insurance if you plan to tow your rig on bigger trips
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

IMO a streetable wheelable rig is the ideal scenario. Theres nothing wrong with driving your wheeler around whenever, but relying on it for a DD when there could be other options is just retarded/pointless.

With that said, a tow rig cant be argued with, it definitely provides a huge level of insurance if you plan to tow your rig on bigger trips
              I def agree with having a streetable wheeling rig too! My rig is still pretty streetable and I def want to keep it that way. I still want to do more mods like a cage, and 4:1 tcase and shit but I want to be able to drive it around if I want and not be hassled by cops and the headache of having "tons".
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblur17 View Post
                Hey! I know I have not been around here much, most of you probably don't know who i am! but never the less I am on the fence and could use some more input:

I am replacing my Volvo with something and have a hard time deciding on what to buy with the money I get out of it here are the options:

1.) use the $3000 as a down payment and take out a $10,000-$12,000 on a 2-4 year old decent vehicle: 1/2 ton chevy 4x4's are what I have been looking at.

2.) I use the $3000 plus some savings and buy a half way decent ^ what i described up there, or decent XJ with low miles.

3.) I pull my XJ out of the barn (still registered and insured) and put up to $3000 into and drive it year round, work, play everything.

4.) Buy Lavelle's girfriend's Jetta for $3,700 that is tits awesome and runs perfectly.

Some things you should know: I have another pickup a 2wd s-10 I use every day, which I plan on keeping around. I put anywhere from 100 to a 1,000 miles on my cars WEEKLY just for business purposes, of which I recieve mileage reimbursment for.

You thoughts ?

Option 4 is the best idea i have seen in a long time.
                Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

This is why I just continue to DD my Jeep. 5 minute commute.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Ppffftttt I drive 21 miles each way, everyday. No problem. No highway though lol
                    Dan.
                    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
                      Ppffftttt I drive 21 miles each way, everyday. No problem. No highway though lol
                      i did that for a number of years, i dont wear a badge about it

i think everyone at our level DDs a wheeler for at least some span, doesnt make it ideal
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

id like another cherokee or a comanche to DD with some light trail use, but even then i still think id drive my current jeep most. i have to much fun with it. as long as you stay out of mud, keep things clean and have spare parts you dont need to worry about much breaking on a daily commute IMO

since you have a s10 for work, dump it into your jeep.

Comment

i vote 3 if you already have a DD and want to do more to the XJ idd say go for it!
                          -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by 96jeepman View Post
                            i vote 3 if you already have a DD and want to do more to the XJ idd say go for it!
                            the idea is hes selling his DD for another thing he would have to DD
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

ohhhhhhh i thought he had the s-10?
                              -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X