No announcement yet.

05 chevy duramax vs 05 dodge cummins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There isn't enough Duramax's in the 200k+ mile range to get a real good idea on a rebuild time. Plus, the buyers are a different bread then a Dodge or Ford Diesel guy. The Dodge and Ford owners tend to be the guys that tow frequently and with a large load. If you travel the country you will see what I mean.

Regardless, there is no reason why you couldn't get 250k+ out of a Dmax if it is maintained properly. I have seen a couple with 300K on them but were owned by some seriously meticulous owners when it came to upkeep.
    Molten Motorsports - #4343/4443

Comment

Thanks Dizzaster and everyone else, i think it's going to really come down to the deal i can find, and how close the truck is, hopefully y'all will see my new purchase sometime after January when the next meet and great is.

P.S. i'm finally coming home in the end of January!!!!! No more sandbox!!
      1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Originally posted by 96jeepman View Post
        Found On Road Dead???
        "Fix or repair daily". but for the most parts jeeps have the same characteristic
        -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
        -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
        -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
        -57 GMC Pickup
        -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
          Allison trannies are infinitely better than anything you'd find behind a Cummins. They'll withstand a hell of a lot more power before needing modification, and they have such a wider aftermarket.
          I've been with my buddy when he's towing a boat(not really that big) and have seen the trans overheat on a 06 GMC 3500 4dr dually duramax with every single fucking option, no power adders COMPLETELY fucking stock. how would you explain that one genious?

Comment

Allison trannies are infinitely better than anything you'd find behind a Cummins. They'll withstand a hell of a lot more power before needing modification, and they have such a wider aftermarket.
            I've been with my buddy when he's towing a boat(not really that big) and have seen the trans overheat on a 06 GMC 3500 4dr dually duramax with every single fucking option, no power adders COMPLETELY fucking stock. how would you explain that one genious?

Comment

Cool. He was towing in Drive, driving like an idiot, never bothered to maybe look into auxiliary coolers before he started towing, towed more than the GVW. Take your pick. Shit happens, bub.

Oh, .
              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
              MK2 Jetta > M3
              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                pictures or it never happened...

Comment

The pot needs stirring, now we have a dedicated stirrer when Dan Lawrence isn't around...
                  hahaha really? When do I stir the pot?
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Cool. He was towing in Drive, driving like an idiot, never bothered to maybe look into auxiliary coolers before he started towing, towed more than the GVW. Take your pick. Shit happens, bub.

Oh, .
                    If you Fucking read what I had typed you would have been able to figure out that this truck HAS towpackage with everything and no he doesn't beat it, would you beat something you paid almost $60,000 for? fuckin retard so shut your mouth.

Comment

If you Fucking read what I had typed you would have been able to figure out that this truck HAS towpackage with everything and no he doesn't beat it, would you beat something you paid almost $60,000 for? fuckin retard so shut your mouth.
                      Tell um why you mad, bro.

MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Tell um why you mad, bro.

stop acting like you know all at the ripe age of what 22-23?

Comment

stop acting like you know all at the ripe age of what 22-23?
                          Someone's cranky.
                          MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by Lumbergh View Post
                            pictures or it never happened...
                            pictures for what.. what do I have to prove to you? It happened and thats that!

Comment

pictures for what.. what do I have to prove to you? It happened and thats that!
                              I have an Aston Martin. No pics because I say so.

Jussayin.
                              MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

I have an Aston Martin. No pics because I say so.

Jussayin.
                                I dont normal carry a camera in my back pocket and I dont have a special phone so.. and this also happened atleast 3 years ago in in Texas soo.

Comment

Working...
                                X