05 chevy duramax vs 05 dodge cummins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 chevy duramax vs 05 dodge cummins

I'm looking to buy one of these with a crewcab with about 150k miles on it. Which one would you choose and why?
    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

cummins hands down, a cummins will go more mileage over a duramax

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
      cummins hands down, a cummins will go more mileage over a duramax
      cool story bro...

Comment

NOT A DIESEL, IT'S JUNK. RABBLE RABBLE.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Lumbergh View Post
          cool story bro...

Comment

CHEESE....

But for real, Cummins and a Solid front axle FTW.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Duramax. EFI LIVE FTW...... unless you need a 6 speed go Duramax.

Comment

I would go for a cummins. They seem pretty bulletproof. I have nothing against a duramax tho.

Originally posted by Lumbergh View Post
                cool story bro...
                Have you contributed anything useful to this forum? Shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                  Have you contributed anything useful to this forum? Shut the fuck up.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

the only issue with the cummins is the trans. with the duramax i hear injectors are a problem but i'm not sure which year
                    I drive a Datsun

Comment

get the cummins
                      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

the duramax injector issue was fixed by 2005
                        Last edited by Lumbergh; 11-13-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Both good motors. Cummins will outlast the Dmax. Hell the Cummins will outlast the truck. You will have to replace front end parts in both. Duramax will ride nicer. The chevy will have its shitty plastic interior. Brakes are much better in the Dodge.

They will do more then you ask them to.
                          Molten Motorsports - #4343/4443

Comment

my thoughts and ideas so far. The Duramax has better injectors with tech far beyond Cummings and comes standard with an allison tranny(bulletproof), and I tend to be bias against the Cummings because i have worked on Cummings engines for the past 10 months everyday and they seem like garbage. While I know Cummings has a great name in the diesel truck world i just dont know what makes them better than a duramax. I also know that detroit had a hand with GM designing the Duramax which is a plus. I'm looking for mechanical advantages and disadvantages to both engines, and anything with either truck that would be a big plus or minus
                            1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

I think duramax injectors were fixed by 03. The ride in a duramax is MUCH nicer then a cummins. Allison transmission is also a huge plus. Plus when you put a nice exhaust on a duramax they sound like a jet

Comment

Working...
                              X