No announcement yet.

Hey subiefags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love how this suddenly turned into a VW bashing thread.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
      im not going to stop, merely because i cant handle the logic alone you have with this. this isnt even about car taste at this point

Here it is one more time:

How is an R32 cool because you dont see R32s often, regardless of how many VW hatches (hell even GTIs) you see

But a 570HP one-off STI isnt cool because you see impreza sedans often?

you are continually comparing an entire body style to a single trim level of another car. apples and oranges. the fact i see 30 VW hatches a week (and i dont even work on a road) doesnt change my perception of an R32
      600hp Subies are around. They're really not that hard to get retarded amounts of power out of, hence why there's quite a few-high-pony-count Ess Tee Eyes out there. I'm not arguing that it isn't a nice car, but it's not as rare as some might think.

Look at an R32... Aside from bumpers, dual exhaust, skirts, interior pieces, and badges, if you don't know what you're looking at then yes, it looks like a "normal VW hatch." For what it's worth, that's what makes the things really cool to me. They blend in to the untrained eye, but move like a raped ape and handle really well.
      MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• So I take it because youre refuting my points, that you consider a 600hp STI with all the subtle doo-dads that go with it, one of the 30 impreza sedans dizzy sees on the highway every hour, and the R32 a gem because of its overall rarity even in stock form

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
        600hp Subies are around. They're really not that hard to get retarded amounts of power out of, hence why there's quite a few-high-pony-count Ess Tee Eyes out there. I'm not arguing that it isn't a nice car, but it's not as rare as some might think.

Look at an R32... Aside from bumpers, dual exhaust, skirts, interior pieces, and badges, if you don't know what you're looking at then yes, it looks like a "normal VW hatch." For what it's worth, that's what makes the things really cool to me. They blend in to the untrained eye, but move like a raped ape and handle really well.
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

So I take it because youre refuting my points, that you consider a 600hp STI with all the subtle doo-dads that go with it, one of the 30 impreza sedans dizzy sees on the highway every hour, and the R32 a gem because of its overall rarity even in stock form
          Not at all. It's still a nice car built out of a local shop.

Rarity really doesn't matter when personal taste is involved, and like you said earlier, each vehicle scene has its similarities and differences, rare models, high-power cars, stanced-out show cars, etc.

My point is that comparing an R32 to a "vw hatch" is kind of generic and far too broad. It's a completely different drivetrain from your "normal VW hatch", when the limited STi's only had slight cosmetic differences to set them apart and not a whole lot of drivetrain differences. Yes, that makes them rare, but you can also find a lot of clones because the parts are easily accessible from third party manufacturers.
          MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• Originally posted by SwampAss View Post

My point is that comparing an R32 to a "vw hatch" is kind of generic and far too broad.
            that is the entire basis of the argument here

it isnt based on whether i like subaru or vw. dizzy is saying this STi is boring because he sees subarus every day. so i flipped that around to seeing an R32 is boring because i see VW hatches all the time, for equal comparison's sake. an R32 has a completely different drivetrain from a vw hatch like an STI limited has from a subie impreza base. lets compare apples to apples here.

an R32 is a VW hatch with driveline upgrades just as much as this particular STI is an impreza with massive driveline upgrades.

all we are doing here is arguing for the sake of it

referring to that original argument...if youre going to compare something based on a mindset, at least make sense.
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

that is the entire basis of the argument here

it isnt based on whether i like subaru or vw. dizzy is saying this STi is boring because he sees subarus every day. so i flipped that around to seeing an R32 is boring because i see VW hatches all the time, for equal comparison's sake. an R32 has a completely different drivetrain from a vw hatch like an STI limited has from a subie impreza base. lets compare apples to apples here.

an R32 is a VW hatch with driveline upgrades just as much as this particular STI is an impreza with massive driveline upgrades.

all we are doing here is arguing for the sake of it

referring to that original argument...if youre going to compare something based on a mindset, at least make sense.
              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9MiS9tn_r4[/ame]
              MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• combo breaker
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• I'm not comparing this car to an imprezza sedan I'm saying to Sti's like rob said high horse Sti s are not that common its a nice car and its cool that its was built at Sti. Which HMC has filmed at and is local. But a r is extremely rare and does blend with every be hatch i was never arguing. I just don't care for this car or any Sti. My opinion sorry if people don't like it. My 3 series body is everywhere I count more of them then Sti's and be hatches combined.
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                    sorry if people don't like it.
                    You dont mean that
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

You dont mean that
                      I mean it with my entire left nut lol.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I mean it with my entire left nut lol.
                        MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• XJs are as common as fucking sand on a beach, should I hate those, too?
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• What about people with faces?

Nevermind, I dislike them generally anyhow.
                            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                            My "Bucket" Build
                            MilitaryJeepers.com
                            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

• OMG I don't hate em cause they are common. i hate cause they are generally driven by d bagd who think they shut daisys. It is a car that has been so over done over and over again that its drivers have gotten the idea they are the best car on thr planet.
                              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

OMG I don't hate em cause they are common. i hate cause they are generally driven by d bagd who think they shut daisys. It is a car that has been so over done over and over again that its drivers have gotten the idea they are the best car on thr planet.
                                I take it you've never been a part of or seen the negative side of the VW scene either.....

VW scene = subaru scene
                                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X