Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know somoene that works at a power plant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprised that took that long haha
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

"Seems to be we have some minor clitoral slippage, up the vibrations to 5200 rumbles per second"
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
        all sorts, she works as a contractor i'm assuming. contractors come and go all the time. it's outage time right now so everyone is working crazy hours.the actual "in house" people that i'm talking about were part of the layoff last year and they came from every department at the plant pretty much. sort of a cutting of the fat.
        yeah local 1121
        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
        97' zj
        2012 surbra imperza DD
        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
          Owen works at a plant in wallingford, also My father has worked at Millstone & cleanenergy years ago as a pipefitterdoing mostly welding.
          What plant does Owen work at?

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
          i keep in close touch with the people over at millstone, as of right now they still aren't hiring people. haven't in a few years due to the economy, layed off several hundred people though
          Damn thats what I was afraid of. Usually these places take ship engineers but the economy sucks everywhere.
          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

I know theres a waste to energy plant...Covanta. Theres also the town power plant.
            -1988 Comanche 31's, rot box
            -1990 Comanche 35's, 44 locked, beater
            -1977 F-250 Highboy 35's, gas pig
            -2012 6.7 Powerstroke 37's, tow rig
            The junkpile keeps growing!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMJ View Post
              I know theres a waste to energy plant...Covanta. Theres also the town power plant.
              Thats were Owen works!

Comment

You guys know the name off the top of your head? If not I'll just google it

Comment

Covanta (not sure on the spelling)

Comment

Yea, I work at Covanta in Wallingford. They are the largest "alternative" fuel energy provider in the US, I believe over 50 plants now. I am a mechanic and certified code welder there. The operations staff is a lot larger than the maintenance staff. The best way to find out about the company and career oppurtunities is through their web site.

I have been in the power industry for over 2 years now and I have found it really enjoyable. Unfortunately, I sounds like a lot of power plants are downsizing so jobs are becoming a little more scarce. The "alternative" fuels industry seems pretty stable. If you don't mind a somewhat dirty workplace, you have the oppurtunity for a great career and really great income if you look at alternative fuels.

I work for Covanta and like I said they have plants across the country. Another alternative fuels energy provider is Wheelabrator. They have a large plant in Bridgeport. Last I checked they had a few operator positions availible there. From my understanding the operations of Klean Energy in Middletown is contracted to NAES (North American Energy Services) so you might want to check their website for career oppurtunities as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and good luck.
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig
                    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Awesome Owen thats some great information there I greatly appreciate it! I'll look into what you mentioned. I dont mind getting dirty, yesterday I came out of work smelling like dead fish and today I smell like diesel. Usually it takes a few days after I get off here to get the smell of heavy fuel oil out of my hair but it doesn't bother me as much as the people sitting next to me on the airplane.

Comment

Bump. I would walk off this thing now but we're in the middle of the ocean

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          Bump. I would walk off this thing now but we're in the middle of the ocean
                          Good day at work?
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

There are engineers in the manufacturing plant at the company I work for, but no current openings.

http://www.spartech.com/careers.html
                            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Working...
                            X