Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to gain momentum for this....

http://www.kevinwebb22.com/politics/...ty-act-of-2011

Right now the proposal is only for Active Duty Military, but it has a better chance of passing than the National right to carry bill right now...

I would rather have anyone and everyone that wanted (unless a criminal record or mental deficiency precluded use) to carry open everywhere, but that is a long way off. At least the service member safety act is a foot in the door.

Anyhow, I feel that this hasn't gotten the attention it deserves and decided to share.
    Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
    My "Bucket" Build
    MilitaryJeepers.com
    ‚——P--;===±--= <-
    !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Just curious but what are your reasons for it?
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Did you not see those awesome pics from libya????!!!!

Honestly though, I would rather total reciprocity for any law abiding citizen to carry if a legal permit were obtained in any state. Motor vehicles have been proven to be more deadly than handguns and yet no matter what state you get your license in, it is recognized as valid in all fifty states.

I support both bills, but the military is a much smaller and therefore more achievable step.
      Last edited by bucketokarma; 09-28-2011, 12:01 AM.
      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
      MilitaryJeepers.com
      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

im all for carrying weapons and going all gung ho
        but especially around my area (groton sub base ) i would not trust 95% of the service men and women with weapons unregulated threw the state for the general idea of the navy people they are arrogant 20-30 year olds that would shot anything that did agree with them

i like the way it is now get a concealed guns licence and a back ground check and your all good (obviously there is a bit more here just not here you bought a gun go have fun)
        TeamRedNReckless

98 zj 4" 31's no fenders or doors -Retired-

4x4 Abbreviations

Comment

I'm all for learning how to spell

Comment

Originally posted by wrpoole View Post
            im all for carrying weapons and going all gung ho
            but especially around my area (groton sub base ) i would not trust 95% of the service men and women with weapons unregulated threw the state for the general idea of the navy people they are arrogant 20-30 year olds that would shot anything that did agree with them

i like the way it is now get a concealed guns licence and a back ground check and your all good (obviously there is a bit more here just not here you bought a gun go have fun)
            You would still have to go through all the processes, but once you had your permit/license, you can carry anywhere, much like the police can (There are always going to be ones that slip through). It's your registered weapon, if you shoot someone you still go to trial, and it can be revoked if you show poor judgment in the handling and use (i.e: brandishing in public). The act isn't about putting guns in every bodies hands, you still have to go through the leg-work of getting your gun and permit. The current laws make it so your CCW permit in (let's say) CT, but I live in the NW corner and all my family lives in MA and the nearest shopping center is in NY. With my CT CCW, I can't carry most of the times I leave my house. If the national reciprocity bill passes, I can, but that looks like it's getting too bogged down, so why not take the next logical step from the LEO bill and now apply it to active duty military? Then work in national guard and reserves, and baby step our way into it that way.
            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
            MilitaryJeepers.com
            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
              You would still have to go through all the processes, but once you had your permit/license, you can carry anywhere, much like the police can (There are always going to be ones that slip through). It's your registered weapon, if you shoot someone you still go to trial, and it can be revoked if you show poor judgment in the handling and use (i.e: brandishing in public). The act isn't about putting guns in every bodies hands, you still have to go through the leg-work of getting your gun and permit. The current laws make it so your CCW permit in (let's say) CT, but I live in the NW corner and all my family lives in MA and the nearest shopping center is in NY. With my CT CCW, I can't carry most of the times I leave my house. If the national reciprocity bill passes, I can, but that looks like it's getting too bogged down, so why not take the next logical step from the LEO bill and now apply it to active duty military? Then work in national guard and reserves, and baby step our way into it that way.
              Problem I see is the whole 'State's Rights' thing. You know a commie state like CA is going to scoff at the bill.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

CA law supersedes Fed law, this has been proven over and over again... State needs to fall into the ocean....

But I bring up the drivers license again. If you can trust people to drive across state lines with a four thousand pound weapon that they are in control of, why not a six pound weapon they are in control of? Hell, you could even get liability to "full coverage" insurance on your weapon or some shit like that. The added insurance will increase employment in the private sector too, just like the added paperwork will increase public sector employment.

I don't know, I have always been of the mindset that once you became legal age, you should have already had proper schooling on true democracy, driving, and shooting. So once you are old enough, you are handed your license to drive, your gun permit, and a "beeper" that would allow us to vote instead of having to "trust" the house and senate to vote in OUR favor on bills and laws..... But those were childhood dreams.... Now I just want our fucking RIGHTS to stop being impeded by dickwads that have already obliterated the dreams of our founders!

Give me my gun, stop forcing me to pay extortion fees on property I already paid full price on (property tax), and stop taxing my earnings to give to those that refuse to fucking EARN!

At any rate, I think I went a little beyond the point, but I think you understand what I'm trying to say....

... CA as a land is amazing. CA as a state, needs the return of the bubonic plague!
                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                X