Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a question for all you men...is chivalry dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame technology. People are too busy checking facebook from their phones or replying to an email to notice someone else has held the door open or that they just shut the door in your face

Comment

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
      I blame technology. People are too busy checking facebook from their phones or replying to an email to notice someone else has held the door open or that they just shut the door in your face
      Nah, chivalry died with many way before the advent of personal and hand held electronic devices.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

if everything posted in this thread is true, then chivalry isnt dead

there are just more assholes in the world these days

but then again, the past is most viewed through rose colored glasses
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

IDK about that... My past doesn't have a reddish hue to it...
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I was raised to be as polite and respectful as possible to anyone and everyone. Those I get respect from get it right back from me those that give no respect wont get a thing from me. Ill give the shirt off my back to someone I just met as long as I feel theyre respectful enough to deserve it. As far as holding doors and what not I do that out of habit and its a standard thing to me. when someone doesnt hold the door or something within reason to me its disrespectful.Todays society is a piece of shit and most people are flat out scum bags living off the government. Everywhere you look someones on disability for no reason or unemployment becuase theyre to lazy to do anything about it...
            89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
            95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
            97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
            If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
              I was raised to be as polite and respectful as possible to anyone and everyone. Those I get respect from get it right back from me those that give no respect wont get a thing from me. Ill give the shirt off my back to someone I just met as long as I feel theyre respectful enough to deserve it. As far as holding doors and what not I do that out of habit and its a standard thing to me. when someone doesnt hold the door or something within reason to me its disrespectful.Todays society is a piece of shit and most people are flat out scum bags living off the government. Everywhere you look someones on disability for no reason or unemployment becuase theyre to lazy to do anything about it...
              WURD
              Dan.
              2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
              www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

idk if id call it "chivalry being dead", just more or less uncommon like the general consensus is here, i always grew up doing that dun matter to me if youre a man or woman really. i hold the door and ask people how they are as i pass by. i have seen plenty of people that are just shitbags and dont give a shit. you know open the door for themselves and let go of it knowing full well youre behind them walking through the same exact door. and opening car doors for dates, etc. meh depends on the situation really, most of the time shes got the door open for herself before i get mine open they always wanna know what the burning smell is.
                -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                  this is too true. i feel like these days being a douchebag/tool/player has become the 'cool' thing and being a gentleman is just lame.

i feel like it's too common now to see couples fighting in restaurants...in fact just a few weeks ago one of the girls i work with witnessed a couple fight so intensely that the girl threw her drink all over the guy and made a huge scene and left...it's a shame that people have lost common courtesy in public
                  I agree 100%, at least from what I see in a college environment. Guys are convinced being a D-bag is going to get the girl, and girls don't help that either by falling for the D-bags. Funny part is I find I get noticed more when I'm a gentleman to girls instead of an asshole. They are used to tools hitting on them, but are surprised when someone is actually respectful.

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

unfortunately this is true. I have also randomly met some of the nicest people I've ever come in contact with through working in customer service, so they are still out there. Most people however don't give a shit about common courtesy.
                  -Josh

2000 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift, 30x9.5 General Grabber AT2

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                    this is too true. i feel like these days being a douchebag/tool/player has become the 'cool' thing and being a gentleman is just lame.
                    I've legitimately heard guys talk about all those retarded "strategies" for picking up women. Like you have to insult them and then ignore them and whatnot, then girls will find you totally irresistible.

While being borderline sociopathic, its the philosophy that is becoming prevalent. Despite what any girl with half a brain would attest to.

I can say for sure that if I acted like a douchebag to my current girl friend, we would never end up being together.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      I've legitimately heard guys talk about all those retarded "strategies" for picking up women. Like you have to insult them and then ignore them and whatnot, then girls will find you totally irresistible.

While being borderline sociopathic, its the philosophy that is becoming prevalent. Despite what any girl with half a brain would attest to.

I can say for sure that if I acted like a douchebag to my current girl friend, we would never end up being together.
                      Yeah, the James Dean / Rebel without a Cause Syndrome where you have to go against the grain to be noticed and the cool guy. Call women whores and fuck toys and you'll get more snatch than a group of pickpockets in NYC. The mentality is nothing new, just the style of clothing and personal appearance has. What once was leather jackets is now polo shirts with popped collars, plaid pants and more 'roids than an iron man competition.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

any girl who's lame enough to fall for the douche bag act is probably not the kind of girl you wanna take home to mama, if you catch my drift
                        erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy View Post
                          any girl who's lame enough to fall for the douche bag act is probably not the kind of girl you wanna take home to mama, if you catch my drift
                          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                            someone was listening to elvis duran
                            I was gonna say the same as I was listening to the same convo for a bit. It is pretty amazing how different the north and the south are. The month i spent in Alabama was incredible. Everybody was always willing to lend a hand, offer you food, beer, money, etc. I loved it down there. I like it here, but not the people as much. It's funny when I meet a girl and they tell me i'm too nice for them. I dont get it, do you like being treated like shit?
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                              someone was listening to elvis duran
                              every morning have been for as long as i can remember
                              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                                It's funny when I meet a girl and they tell me i'm too nice for them. I dont get it, do you like being treated like shit?
                                this shit will always make me laugh. Always.

some girls just dont dig guys that are nice, i think some girls have an impression that "nice guys" are lame and dont/cant have fun, and are based around commitment only, when really, that cant be any less accurate.

players/douches will always be a losing chip to play, every girl will eventually realize that, hopefully.

only in this world would "being nice" be a downside
                                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X