Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a question for all you men...is chivalry dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question for all you men...is chivalry dead?

I ask this because I feel like it's been brought up a lot lately...on my way to work this morning, I heard a woman call into the radio station and state that her boyfriend wants her to propose. He even wants her to buy her own ring and everything...and he claims his reasoning behind all of this is because he was married once before and wants it "different" this time around.

Aside from that though, I find it very rare to have a guy hold a door open for a girl anymore, hardly ever see guys open car doors for their wives/girlfriends, and just in general I feel like the whole 'look nice for each other' deal has gone down the drain.

I've heard people say that they believe this is because women have fought so hard to have their equality that sometimes when presented with some form of chivalry, they are more insulted if anything, because they feel as if the guy is making the woman feel like she cannot handle her own.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe in chivalry?

And no, this is not a stab at Will in fact, he is quite the gentleman and takes very good care of me
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

I think chivalry goes right along with having class in general.

And sadly, class is something that is becoming harder and harder to find in people now-a-days.

I know I always make an effort to have class in public and act properly, especially when my girlfriend is with me.

Comment

if she wants meh to open da door, she can open mah burr.
      if she wants dem rights, she cen fend for hirrself.

git-r-done wooooo hooooo.....

not-so-serious..... i like being a nice gentleman.... its just classy
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

Not dead but changed. I would expect the lady I am holding a door open for to reach out and support the door while shes walking through. I'm not going to let the door swing back as shes about to walk through but I'm not the door man. Of course that doesn't apply for a mom with a baby in her arms or anything like that, or if shes hot.

And if they're on the phone then I'm walking away.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

And sadly, class is something that is becoming harder and harder to find in people now-a-days.

I know I always make an effort to have class in public and act properly, especially when my girlfriend is with me.
          this is too true. i feel like these days being a douchebag/tool/player has become the 'cool' thing and being a gentleman is just lame.

i feel like it's too common now to see couples fighting in restaurants...in fact just a few weeks ago one of the girls i work with witnessed a couple fight so intensely that the girl threw her drink all over the guy and made a huge scene and left...it's a shame that people have lost common courtesy in public
          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
            Not dead but changed. I would expect the lady I am holding a door open for to reach out and support the door while shes walking through. I'm not going to let the door swing back as shes about to walk through but I'm not the door man. Of course that doesn't apply for a mom with a baby in her arms or anything like that, or if shes hot.

And if they're on the phone then I'm walking away.
            i must say, i always hold the door for anyone if im the first person there and if there is people following. i dont care who ya are, just the way ive always done it. i appreciate the thank you's i get from people
            some choose projects

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
              i must say, i always hold the door for anyone if im the first person there and if there is people following. i dont care who ya are, just the way ive always done it. i appreciate the thank you's i get from people
              Same here,but I almost never see people do it anymore.
              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
              MK2 Jetta > M3
              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I always hold the door for someone coming in behind me into a store, man of woman. If the do not hold it for me and there right there I'll open it and loudly say thank you. I always hold the door and open the car/jeep for my fiancie.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

this is exactly how I feel. I make an effort to be a respectable person anywhere I go. if I walk in a store, I turn around to see if anyone is coming so that I can hold the door. The sad thing is eeehhh, 50%? of the time people dont say thank you. Then I make it a point to make sure they are aware of their rudeness.
                  There is just such a huge lack of common courtesy its sickening.
                  Dan.
                  2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                  www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

i do the same. i like hearing people say thank you...it's always nice.

last weekend Will & I were down in Tennessee (I guess this is another reason I made this thread), and the people were so incredibly nice. I must have been asked about 30 times on Saturday when we were filming/taking pictures if I needed a hand walking up and down this hill climb, and had numerous people offer me drinks, food, etc. It's definitely a different world there, and nice to see that they haven't been ruined yet
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

I named my dick "Uncle Chivalry."
                      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

now for the car door subject... Im kinda wutever with that.

i understand it is nice, and ill do it time to time. but most the time i dont see the point in playing chinease fire drills in the parking lot.

so my theory...
                        romantic dinner- yes (not to to often)
                        trip to walmart- no (almost every day)
                        Last edited by justtorchit; 07-08-2011, 09:40 AM.
                        some choose projects

Comment

now for the car door subject... Im kinda wutever with that.

i understand it is nice, and ill do it time to time. but most the time i dont see the point in playing chinease fire drills in the parking lot.

so my theory...
                          romantic dinner- yes (not to to often)
                          trip to walmart- no (almost every day)
                          i agree with this. if you're going to like mcdonalds theres no need
                          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

mcdonalds isnt a romantic dinner?

i better step up my game
                            some choose projects

Comment

2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                              X