• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple questions:
    1. Where do you work?
    Plum Island Animal Disease Center
    2. What do you actually do all day?
    Sit a a computer and work on servers, switches, people computers. Technically im a Network and server administrator
    3. Do you like it?
    eh, i would rather have a more active job doing somthing i like but this has good pay
    4. What's your favorite part of your job? least favorite part of your job?
    fave: money, some cool people here. Least: I work on a f-n island, not to flexible schedule to get on or off. cant run out for lunch or coffee. LONG commute every day 45min car ride to 45min boat ride EACH WAY
    5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.)
    I would work work 10min. away from my house and not have to deal with office politics
    6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be?
    I would be a Park Ranger, and just chill in the woods all day.

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
    I go first:
    1. Clayton Offroad Manufacturing
    2. Cut, machine, weld: control arms, brackets, track bars, etc; handle 95% of shipping on outgoing orders, box stuff up, do the occasional kit install, thread hundreds of johnny joints for hours at a time.
    3. Yea, i can honestly say i enjoy my job.
    4. favorite part: working in an industry i am passionate about. welding. machining.
    least favorite part: the old saying fits it "don't make your hobby, your job", it's not that its unbearable, but i can see where that comes from.
    5. this ones kinda hard, we need a climate controlled environment and i kinda want a desk, Idk what i'd use the desk for but it would be nice to have.
    6. Today no. a couple years from now maybe. I've always wanted to own a bar, little hole-in-the-wall tavern/pub type place with awesome food and extra cold beers.
    cool job man
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i apologize in advance for my answers below

1. Where do you work?
      A promo. marketing agency on LI. leaving out the name.
      well, if you really want to know. i currently work on about 80-85 programs. notifying winners, drafting and collecting legal paperwork, emailing clients non-stop (i get about 200 emails a day-ALL which need replies)
      3. Do you like it?
      oh hell no.
      favorite part, some of the people here. i share my office with a girl who has become one of my closest friends. least favorite-basically, everything else about the job.
      5. If you could change something at your job what would it be?
      everything LOL
      6. If you could quit tomorrow in pursuit of something else, would you?? and what would it be?
      yup. and planning on doing so soon. what will i be doing next? that i can't really figure out. i really would like to move somewhere off of LI and spend more time outdoors and possibly with children. considering going back to school to get another degree. stay tuned....
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

nicole, i have to ask. what do people win from you guys? like t shirts or calculators or pens or what?
        Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailer Ray View Post
          nicole, i have to ask. what do people win from you guys? like t shirts or calculators or pens or what?
          haha....i've given away a bunch of stuff. i've sent out checks for anything between $100 to $10k, i'm currently working on a trip to Rome, i just gave away a Mediterranean cruise, but then we have the smaller stuff like gift bags, gift cards, product samples
          2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

hmmm... are you guys like publishers clearing house? i want a giant check thats worthless in all actuality..
            Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

haha nope. we are hired by companies to run programs for them...so they provide all the prizes and whatnot, we just make sure they are run properly and conduct drawings for the winners
              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

Couple questions:
                1. Where do you work?
                Tangoe Inc
                Talk on the phone and email corporate executives to sell them telecommunication global management applications to manage their invoices, reduce cost, device security, allocation, launching and controlling of software and applications for devices
                3. Do you like it?
                Its a new job so time will tell
                4. What's your favorite part of your job? Good pay and really relaxed. Was interviewed by a senior vp sitting in a hawaiian shirt that had his feet up on a couch and bass guitar leaning against his desk. No more suits everyday especially with this heat
                least favorite part of your job?Commuting forces me to drive my wife's corolla instead of my Cherokee
                5. If you could change something at your job what would it be? (fire a co-worker, take a raise, actually talk the smokin' hottie 3 cubicles down the line, etc.)
                Have a shorter commute but at least its against traffic for the most part
                I would work for a car company that lets me mix up what vehicles I could drive on their expense

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                  i apologize in advance for my answers below
                  [/COLOR]
                  Hahaha, no need to apologize, if you hate your job, you hate your job.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

1. Where do you work?
                    Quest global outsourcing
                    I support Pratt n Whitney engineers. aka I basically take a few naps, talk on the phone, look at some emails and get paid to do nothing.
                    3. Do you like it?
                    i like that its tit money, but boring as fuck
                    4. What's your favorite part of your job?
                    Favorite part of my job is the flexible hours and there is no boss hovering over me. its relaxed and slow paced....
                    Id like it more if it was closer, but ill deal with the 45 min drive
                    Id quit if i found a position for more pay. Id also love to work and build shit in my garage all day, but i guess thats what they call a hobbie
                    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                    some people choose video games
                    some choose projects
                    some choose welding random things together

Comment

Couple questions:
                      1. Where do you work?

I work at the glorious Stop and Shop.

I fill/empty shelves, build displays, move bulk product around basically. In reality I spend alot of time dicking aroundwith my coworkers and my generally good natured superiors.

3. Do you like it?

For what it is - low pay, but steady and good benefits- I don't think I would prefer anything currently. My hours are flexible and if I need time off its easily attainable.

Favorite part is all my buddies there, Henchypoo amongst others make a shitty job more fun she you have someones dairy cooler to booby trap . Least favorite is pay, if I made like $15/hr id be ecstatic.

Pay, that's it.

In reality, id like to get into print. Editing or proofreading literature is what my degree is for. Truly id love to write, open verse poetry has been a staple in my personal growth and Id love to get paid for it.

Dreaming? Music. I wanna make very little money to kill myself every night for people who like my music. I plan on giving this as much effort as I can while I'm young. Hopefully it happens.
                      dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                        I would be a Park Ranger, and just chill in the woods all day.
                        my best friend from high school, josh, went to school for that out in ohio and absolutely loved it. Worked at a 4H camp in kentucky for about a year (kinda like a nature's classroom type gig).

Then he decided it would be more fun to become a marine and go kill people. Needless to say, he plans to be park ranger when his 4 years are up.

thanks man
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Couple questions:
                          1. Where do you work?
                          I work for Army Programs at Sikorsky Aircraft

A lot of gathering data and updating charts, sitting in on meetings, etc.

3. Do you like it?
                          It's a new job for me, and I actually like it a lot.

Favorite- I sell Blackhawks to the US Army. Least Favorite- I'm currently only hired as a 2 year temp, so I'm still working on getting into the company.

The dress code.. We have to dress up and look presentable every day. A dress down Friday would be awesome.

No, I like where I am right now. I eventually down the line want to get into Psychology and counseling (huge difference I know), but I like the path i'm on right now.

Comment

Couple questions:
                            1. Where do you work?

USI Insurance, Meriden, CT.

Insurance renewal analysis, send out requests for proposal of insurance to different carriers, browse the net. Take long long breaks.

3. Do you like it?

It's better than Aetna, instead of producing the quotes I select the quotes I like.

Summer Fridays (I come in at 8:30, take an hour lunch and I get to leave every Friday from Memorial day through labor day at 3 PM) dislike - my seat, right near the kitchen which involves microwaving, the 2 keurig machines running all the time, blenders, and I'm also near the printer that runs all day.

More hot co-workers like Aetna..here they are like needles in haystacks..Aetna they were a dime a dozen.

Either become a mechanic, or a liquor distribution salesman. I have no problem selling a product I am well versed in.
                            Last edited by Bluewarrior7; 06-10-2011, 09:56 AM.
                            06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

Couple questions:
                              1. Where do you work?
                              Knights of Columbus - New Haven
                              Work on different forms of analysis and research for our asset-backed investment portfolio
                              3. Do you like it?
                              Its good, better than cutting lawns
                              4. What's your favorite part of your job? Actually doing what I'm interested in and go to school for.
                              least favorite part of your job?The pay kind of sucks
                              Work on the equity side of the business instead of asset-backed. Equities are more exciting and what I'm interested in.
                              I would work for one of the larger investment banks or a local fund based in Fairfield county

Comment

Couple questions:
                                1. Where do you work?
                                a private personal training studio.

kick lots of ass..and make people sweat.

3. Do you like it?
                                LOVE IT.

favorite-doing something i'm 110% passionate about. it's fun, relaxed and doesn't feel like work at all.
                                least-pushing people out of their comfort zone isn't easy..neither is getting up at 4:30am..but i'm not complaining!

uh who wouldn't like a raise?!

nope! well, i'd like to have my own business if i could.
                                erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

Working...
                                X