Snowboarders, helmets? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowboarders, helmets? Really?

I need to preface this with letting you know I have snowboarded since I was 12 and I'm 34 now. I would consider myself advanced to say the least. Before my children were born we rode a lot. I have been all over the country and Canada through out my years.

Ok, the question. Does everyone now wear helmets? My wife was insistent I get one and I told her to get fucked. I used to ride avalanche areas for Christ sake! Short of a broken arm, 4 fingers, and numerous ribs I survived all that I have ridden.

My kids are now old enough to stay with Gram ma for the weekend so we are getting back at it. As a maiden voyage of getting back into it we just hit Sundown. (I had to teach one of her friends to snowboard.) Everyone wore helmets and I was stunned and you can't ride their park without one..... I have kids and it makes sense to protect myself to ensure my kids don't get a vegetable for a Dad.

So do all you guy wear helmets? Whats a decent helmet to buy? I don't jump much anymore (beat knees) but I typically ride twice as fast as most people if that matters.

any help for an old man would be great.

I wear one sometimes. I just have one from a ski/snowboard shop.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

I used to board ALOT. I was in Vail and i cracked a helmet in half off of a spine. If it was only my head I would be grunting into a tube to type this. You want to set the example I guess. But do what you feel is the smart choice. Youre the dad. Have fun I didnt get to go once this year.
      Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person

MS Paint " Its like painting with a sauce covered piece of pasta".

Official In Crowd member.

Comment

I have never worn one. I think it may be a good idea to wear one in the park and when on rails but other than that i wouldnt bother.

As far as your question does everyone now where helmets?
        I think the youth of this country are being treated like pansies. I witness more and more children waiting for the bus in a car. I remember waiting for my bus in the freezing cold and rain. Also when the kids are late and walking toward the bus, you have to wait for two minutes while the kid slowly walks to the bus. If I wasnt at my bus stop when the bus came, I most likely missed the bus. The only chance I would have was to run as fast as I could. I have also heard of no failing grades being given : http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...eakout191.html

Sorry for the outburst
        Anyway, Wearing a helmet while snowboarding in New Jersey is understandable i guess because you are not snowboarding, you are ice boarding and ice is hard. Anywhere else the snow is most likely soft.
        2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

when I skied I used to wear one and I would not hesitate to get another one when i start skiing again. They are warm, at least mine always was. They protect you if you do any terrain parks or tree skiing/boarding. and when you go inside you have something to hold onto your gloves and goggles.

Comment

i board about twice a week and the only time i wear one is when i'm in the park. i've washed out on a rail and smacked my head on a flat to down rail.

just go to a shop and try on a bunch. they all have a different "feel". the vermont shops should start their end of season sales in about 2 months. 50% off of everything in the shops

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
              I was stunned and you can't ride their park without one
              this is probably why...

http://www.registercitizen.com/artic...a745694722.txt
              99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
                I hate human beings. Whenever someone gets hurt it is someone else's fault and suing is the answer.
                2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

I have never worn one. Just never really wanted to

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

they probably do it so people don't die. I hear it is bad for press

Comment

I have never worn one, though after this season I am gonna start wearing them in the park, under shooting 60' kickers is NEVER a good thing
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

I don't wear one, but if I could afford one, I would. I've landed on my dome on more than one occasion.
                        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

I asked her, do you see me fall much? She said no but she is scared at that if I did fall hard at the speed I ride I would seriously hurt myself. I know how to "fall" I've been at it a while but I would feel like a hypocrite asking my son to wear one if he starts riding.

guess I'll get one this week.

Comment

i always wear one because i ride alot of park. and i really think that it is a good idea. you never kno when your going to take a hard fall. i really like burtons red line. i think the one i have is the mutiny and it is really comfy and warm!
                            -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                            -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                            -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                            -57 GMC Pickup
                            -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

thanks I will check into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X