Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Alcoholic Energy Drinks be Banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Alcoholic Energy Drinks be Banned?

Right now, Alcoholic Energy Drinks are under investigation by our government and the FDA to see if they are actually Safe to drink. What I do not understand is how they even passed the FDA inspection anyway....

Regardless, Both Washington State and Rhode Island are looking to ban Four Loco and others.

Now, I am all for Freedom and personal choice, but this shit is fucking BAD for you. The Governor of Washinton State said "There is a reason why these are called Blackout in a Can". I agree...but shouldnt there be a level of personal responsibility involved?

This is one of those fine line cases where I sometimes have to question my own political views. The government is there to supply a police force to protect us from each other, it does not exist to protect us from ourselves by telling us what we can and can't do.

I do think they are vile creations and if they were banned, I wouldn't shed a tear.

WHAT SAY YOU, HIVEMIND.
    Yes, ban them
    37.84%
    No, I'm an addict and I love blacking out every night
    35.14%
    TRAVIS IS RACING NASCAR??
    27.03%
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

yeah they should
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
      yeah they should
      Always IB4TP.

Yeah...I voted they should go away...
      sigpic

Comment

four loko should be banned. the shit it does to people, the amount of hospital visits due to this shit is ridiculous, and the alcohol/caffeine content is not safe at all. i am terrified to drink one after all the stories i've heard
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

of course there is a level of personal responsibility that every person consuming alcoholic beverages should have, but none the less kids these days are idiots and they drink the shit so fast that it just slams them. and then the mourge gets backed up this stuff is a horrible idea.
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
            four loko should be banned. the shit it does to people, the amount of hospital visits due to this shit is ridiculous, and the alcohol/caffeine content is not safe at all. i am terrified to drink one after all the stories i've heard
            After Ryan said he had no recolection that he threw up in his sink and then cleaned up afterwards makes me not want to touch that shit. I've never been blackout drunk, but how the fuck do you throw up all over your sink, then clean it up and yet have no idea what happened.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              After Ryan said he had no recolection that he threw up in his sink and then cleaned up afterwards makes me not want to touch that shit. I've never been blackout drunk, but how the fuck do you throw up all over your sink, then clean it up and yet have no idea what happened.
              hes not the only one...the stories i hear about how kids are just found passed out on the side of the street in college towns because they were so wasted....there was a group of girls who got so drunk over it they were taken to the hospital and the hospital thought they had been date raped, but they just drank this crap...
              2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

no, because they should be drank responsibly. just like every other alcohol. maybe drop the alcohol content down a little bit?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                  no, because they should be drank responsibly. just like every other alcohol. maybe drop the alcohol content down a little bit?
                  its more the mix of energy and alcohol packaged like an energy drink, and dirt cheap, than alcohol content IMO
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...criticism.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/nov...-loko-20101105

The 23 1/2-ounce can of fruity malt liquor is said to contain the equivalent of about four beers and three to four cups of coffee.
                    2022 JL Rubicon

Comment

it's a depresent and a stimulant mixed together = bad things
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Banned? No. Regulated? Yes.
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                          Banned? No. Regulated? Yes.
                          Alcohol is already Regulated. How can you Regulate only one drink?
                          sigpic

Comment

Amount of alcohol content versus energy stuff. Maybe make them less alcoholic?
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I think this stuff goes like everything else, there are people who use, and people who abuse. Some people just aren't responsible enough to know how much of this shit to drink. I like the sparks energy beer, but I've never blacked our from them. They're probably no good for me, but I didn't abuse them. There's so much shit out there that the FDA hasn't approved, it doesn't shock me to know what amounts of alcohol and caffeine are involved in these products. Look at all these little kids running around drinking 40 red bulls a day because Travis has it all over his helmet. Joe nitro is addicted to monster, but he knows when to stop ban it, don't ban it, doesn't bother me.
                              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

Working...
                              X