X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe, I'd like it to see winter at least so we can have snow cross compa
    dirty30

Comment

my friend told me 50 bucks and the axles are mine out of his 79 f 350 i have to pull them still he is going to junk whats left of it. but d60s are in the plan for this new truck might not happen for a while but the camanchee i am buying will end up with them some time im actaully looking into d44 out of a waggy instead might be easier to build i have 2 waggy d44s for $100

Comment

If you dont get those 60s from ur bud lmk, ill pick them up for that price.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
          and I got a free rear.

All you guys are morons if you dont think you can score cheap or even free Ford D60s.

Just gotta look.

Also, Josh, plan on spending more time and money than you think. One ton swaps are a pain in the ass. If you want to do it tho, i say go for it, forget what these fucking haters say.
          i am going for it lol idc what people say its more of the experence and what i will learn building this its a fun beater truck once i get it running right i will look into more stuff but idk why peopel say d60s are so much to get ? but do you guys think waggy 44s would be better off ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
            If you dont get those 60s from ur bud lmk, ill pick them up for that price.
            lol all my friends want them right now so your on the list

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
              i am going for it lol idc what people say its more of the experence and what i will learn building this its a fun beater truck once i get it running right i will look into more stuff but idk why peopel say d60s are so much to get ? but do you guys think waggy 44s would be better off ?
              dude, if you think you can go for it. Do it.

it's just a really substantial undertaking thats why everyone is gonna hassle ya alittle bit about it. How are your welding skills?? That job is a LOT of fabrication, its not welding on rock sliders either, you are physically attaching axles to your truck, those are very high stress points, there's a lot that needs to be done right to ensure that its not gonna fall apart or break at every available moment.

Aside from the massive amount of work, the cost is pretty extreme, you don't really just slap those axles under your truck, you need to buy gears, lockers, beefier axle shafts, brakes, steering upgrades with running 60's, bigger tires, beefier suspension links that can handle more abuse that a 60 with 39's on it bashing around is gonna give off.

It's just a lot to look at, and a lot more than ohh snap lets throw some 60's under this thing.

BUT..... All that said, if you really want to go for it, go for it, just think of sweet it'll be when its done.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i have a good friend who is going to help he has a welder full shop. also he has skills just trying to do this cheap maybe the d60s will cost to much it doesnt matter how long it will take main thing is getting the truck running right first it has a 4 inch lift and 32s on it already.

Comment

32s are too much tire for d60s
                  Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                    32s are too much tire for d60s
                    Shit will explode.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      Shit will explode.

In all seriousness josh, go get those rockwells for $150. They can handle 33's no problem. Just be light on the skinny peddle
                      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Let me get my boots, this pile of shit is getting deep, but shhhh, don't tell anyone
                        HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                        OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

this is one rediculas thread...

Comment

you guys better be careful....

you're already at the point where you have 20 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.
                            91 YJ: 4.0, 4" lift, 33" TSL's, SYE, Woody driveshaft, cut flares

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainInsano View Post
                              Let me get my boots, this pile of shit is getting deep, but shhhh, don't tell anyone
                              what you did there

i see it, and i am loling

I bet you were the first one in ct with shit boots right?!?!?!?
                              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                                what you did there

i see it, and i am loling

I bet you were the first one in ct with shit boots right?!?!?!?
                                sigpic
                                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X