I crunched a couple numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I crunched a couple numbers

And realized if I continue saving my dollars and keep up my austerity measures by not buying anything I don't need I will have like 6-8K for a car by next summer. Especially if my Jeep project stays finished.

The other day I was driving my Jeep down the road and I was like "You know what, this thing really sucks to drive on the street, I'm getting a daily driver." and then on the way home I saw a Miata on the road, the idea was planted in my brain.

Then craigslist told me that there are many in good enough condition for 2500-3000 bucks.

Anyone drive one ever? People on the internet seem to like them, alot. I've heard they aren't super fast but a supercharger kit is all of about 2800 bucks. I'd feel kinda wierd about spending more money on one mod than I spent on the car but whatever, I want a fun/fast car that's not a rice monster, and a Miata seems to fit that, and they get like 30mpgs.

Discuss Miata's.
    01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

really?....How does your boyfriend feel about this decision?
    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

I guess it is easier then having to explain to people youre gay
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Great autoX cars. Other than that or a big turbo Im not sure you would want to drive it daily.

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post

I guess it is easier then having to explain to people youre gay
          bingo

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

You guys really think they are gay?

Besides the fact that I know a gay couple that owns one I dont think they are particularly feminine.

I mean it's not like i'm saying I want to buy a Jetta or a Fiesta or even a Prius.

As for Daily Drivability all it has to fit me and my toolbox for school. Plus i'll still have the Jeep. And a supercharged Miata can put down 200 horse to the rear wheels, handle like a go-kart and be built for under 10K, decidedly not gay.
            Last edited by iant333; 09-11-2010, 07:01 PM.
            01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

drive one first. make you you like it, that it's comfy. if so get one, keep it stock. dont get into a supercharged project car for a DD. use it for point A to point B and get good gas mileage.

i say go for it
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

I autocross one, and they're fun as hell to drive (like they're on rails) and pretty damn good on gas, too. On one tank, I averaged around 26em pee gees.

It is a bit of a Fag Wagon, but save a little for a turbo kit and they become more of a Metrosexual Wagon.
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
                  You guys really think they are gay?

Besides the fact that I know a gay couple that owns one I dont think they are particularly feminine.

I mean it's not like i'm saying I want to buy a Jetta or a Fiesta or even a Prius.

As for Daily Drivability all it has to fit me and my toolbox for school. Plus i'll still have the Jeep. And a supercharged Miata can put down 200 horse to the rear wheels, handle like a go-kart and be built for under 10K, decidedly not gay.
                  Personally, it doesnt matter what it can put down for power, at the end of the day its still a Miata. Just my opinion thay they`re flamingly fabulous
                  I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Get an SRT-4 cheap, easy to drive, and kinda fast, or upgrade a focus. Miata's are not as gay as prisus but still...
                    Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
                    93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
                    Eric

Comment

I got a z28 camaro for a DD. Its fast, fun to drive, and when I dont beat on it, it gets 27mpg. Wayyyy more room than a miata and probably more fun to drive too. Also in your price range.

Comment

in my opinion the 2nd body styling of the miata was a little light wristed but I think they are great cars and I also want one. they are rated very well when they are tested and i have not heard much negative things about them. the newest body styling is more fierce but more expensive. and if you think it is a little light wristed, then change the body a little

Comment

What is with people these days an Miatas?
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                            What is with people these days an Miatas?
                            it is rated as a good car.

Comment

Yeah, top candidate to set on fire.
                              sigpic
                              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                              X