I crunched a couple numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hux drives one. /thread

If you are gonna get a DD why bother with a 2 seat roadster? get something that you can actually put stuff in like a civic, accord, or hell even a WJ (Yes I know they are not even close). Going 65 on the highway i get 22 MPG with the V8. Just find one at a reasonable price and you will be more than happy with the V8 power and speed wise. I paid 4300 for my Limited with leather, heated seats, dual zone climate control, etc. you're not getting all that with a civic. and you can carry stuff while sitting people comfortably.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      Hux drives one. /thread

If you are gonna get a DD why bother with a 2 seat roadster? get something that you can actually put stuff in like a civic, accord, or hell even a WJ (Yes I know they are not even close). Going 65 on the highway i get 22 MPG with the V8. Just find one at a reasonable price and you will be more than happy with the V8 power and speed wise. I paid 4300 for my Limited with leather, heated seats, dual zone climate control, etc. you're not getting all that with a civic. and you can carry stuff while sitting people comfortably.
      Bingo.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Personally, I think they're gay, BUT I also thing there is something to be said about a nice car that everyone else hates. So, if you like it...fuckin' do it up!

I wouldn't buy a DD you intend on doing work to though, that would kind of defeat the entire purpose.....

And lol at the metrosexual wagon.
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

you mean this?

ps i bing searched a metrosexual waggon and look what else came up

on the side

but maybe you should save up for one of these
          Last edited by Vehicleless; 09-12-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

if you're looking for mileage get a jetta TDI and call it good..

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
              if you're looking for mileage get a jetta TDI and call it good..
              also a decent choice
              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Well i'm definitely getting one now in the spring. My father said he would put in half the money toward buying it, mods and insurance in exchange for half ownership since he said he's been wanting a convertible. So now I'll just have to share it on weekends but w/e.

It might end up being my daily driver but my Jeep will still be on the road, so it will be like either or, whichever I feel like driving. The main reason I want one is I drove my friends 09 Eclipse GT the other day and now I want a serious performance car.

If I wanted a pure and simple DD I would just buy some old beater Toyota.

Plus since my Jeep is done I get bored not having any shit to work on.

And come on... you REALLY think this is gay? Nobody else I mentioned it to associated the Miata with gay.

Last edited by iant333; 09-12-2010, 08:38 AM.
                01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

91 toyota camry. go. get like 500 mpg. just get something reliable and cheap to get you around when youre not driving the jeep
                  Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

the only thing gayer than a miata is owning a hot pink vdub bug.
                    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

There you go big guy, its for sale too
                      1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                      1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
                      2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Miata's are rear wheel drive, therefore not gay.
                        01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
                          Miata's are rear wheel drive, therefore not gay.
                          Your attempts to legitimize the Miata as a 'Cool Guy Car' here on this forum are weak and futile.

If you want the Miata, then fine, buy it. Have fun with your effeminate convertible and turn in your man card at the door. Do not pass go and do not collect $200.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Not trying to shit on your parade, but usually when I think of a miata, I associate it with cars that I think are gay.

It might be rear wheel drive but its a convertible, and convertibles are usually something girls drive, and its so fucking tiny.

It might get good MPG's and be somewhat "fun" to drive, but I dont think its a practical DD.

Like I said before, check out z28 camaros. Can be had for around the same price, rear wheel drive. All the sticks are 6 speed manuals, get 27 mph highway, fun as hell to drive, T tops are cool to have, its a great car, oh and it has more room in it and a back seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Not trying to shit on your parade, but usually when I think of a miata, I associate it with cars that I think are gay.

It might be rear wheel drive but its a convertible, and convertibles are usually something girls drive, and its so fucking tiny.

It might get good MPG's and be somewhat "fun" to drive, but I dont think its a practical DD.

Like I said before, check out z28 camaros. Can be had for around the same price, rear wheel drive. All the sticks are 6 speed manuals, get 27 mph highway, fun as hell to drive, T tops are cool to have, its a great car, oh and it has more room in it and a back seat.

T tops being cool is up for debate.
                              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Ian you aren't going to get an answer you like from enthusiasts. period. offroaders will tell you small cars are stupid and gay. muscle car/domestic guys will hate on imports. i'm also into the subaru thing and they hate domestics/evos/hondas yada yada yada...

in the end a daily drive car should be something comfortable and reliable to get you from place to place. who cares what people think of them or what you look like in it cause it doesn't matter. can you get to work? yes? thats all that matters. and if you like it then so be it.

as far as modding something and wanting something fast, you might want to do alot more research and i really dont recommend it on a daily driver. if you are set on it though, i would suggest something a little faster from the factory which would be cheaper in the long run
                                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                                X