No announcement yet.

Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a locker, you will definitely get yourself into situations where rocker damage is more possible. So just be weary of the situations.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

lock it up it will make a world of a difference
      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

1997 TJ 4in Skyjacker Lift on 33's, Disco's, soft 8's, cb w/ firestik, Hi-lift and tow hooks, rustys HD tie rod and track bar, Smittybilt tube fenders w/ 3'' flare

id buy a better track bar and tie rod

if i were in your situation. assuming your jeep is in good shape i would protect it to keep it that way. you can go pretty far open/open but if you hit a rock or get hung up and smash a rocker that kinda sucks you can get a locker another time you only get one chance to protect your rockers b4 they get smashed... just sayin
        #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

I'd say sliders, I went to OER last year and destroyed my rockers
          Last edited by Henchman; 07-13-2010, 08:23 PM.
          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

for your first time out you can have a blast on 33's open/open, i wheeled that way for a while and its really not that bad, just have to know the limits of your rig.

for a nice vehicle though, i'd say protect them rockers first.
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

get sliders and front diff protection..

Comment

protect first, chances are if you get in an area where you cant get any traction at all, someone will be there with a winch/recovery strap to get you by. once you destroy your tub, your going to kick yourself in the ass, especially if you go to sell it. also with a locker = probably get into more difficult spots (more carnage), easier to snap axle shafts. ive been into some sweet trails open/open and glad i was armored up.

if your looking for some good rocker guards in your budget, im still parting out my jeep to stock. I got a set of olympic4x4 a/t rock rails ill sell ya much cheaper then new(retail new $350) just pm me
                up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                eliminator MJ - Sold
                99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

I would say do sliders first. I wheeled blacks open/open with 33's and used the hell out of my sliders. Granted, I spent a lot more time on a trail and used a lot more man peddle then people with lockers but I still would stay sliders and stick to blue trails and you'll still have a blast.
                  I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Working...
                  X